- Management Strategies to Adapt Alpine Space Forests to Climate Change Risks
Gillian Ann Cerbu, Marc Hanewinkel, Giacomo Gerosa and Robert Jandl
394 pages, August, 2013
All chapters downloaded 7967 times.
- Climate scenarios suggest that current forest stands will face radically different temperature and precipitation conditions in the future. Developing future strategies for forest management in the face of uncertain and highly variable forecasts of fu ...
- Cellulose - Fundamental Aspects
Theo van de Ven and Louis Godbout
376 pages, August, 2013
All chapters downloaded 19568 times.
- Cellulose is destined to play a major role in the emerging bioeconomy. Awareness of the environment and a depletion of fossil fuels are some of the driving forces for looking at forest biomaterials for an alternative source of energy, chemicals and m ...
- Advances in Agrophysical Research
Stanislaw Grundas and Andrzej Stepniewski
408 pages, July, 2013
All chapters downloaded 27722 times.
- The idea of this book was born due to the rapid increase of the interest in excellence of agricultural production in the aspect of both – the quality of raw material for food production as well as in the aspect of environment protection. Agrophysic ...
- Crop Production
Aakash Goyal and Muhammad Asif
198 pages, July, 2013
All chapters downloaded 14046 times.
- Humans are depended on crops for food, fibber and more recently for fuel. Demands for crop production in rising because of increasing population, change in food habits and biofuel consumption. The book focus on challenges, progress and prospects of c ...
- Advances in Landscape Architecture
938 pages, July, 2013
All chapters downloaded 104657 times.
- Landscape architecture is the design of outdoor and public spaces to achieve environmental, socio-behavioral, and/or aesthetic outcomes. It involves the systematic investigation of existing social, ecological, and geological conditions and processes ...
- An Integrated View of the Molecular Recognition and Toxinology - From Analytical Procedures to Biomedical Applications
Gandhi Rádis Baptista
544 pages, July, 2013
All chapters downloaded 25001 times.
- Molecular Toxinology has been consolidated as a scientific area focused on the intertwined description of several aspects of animal toxins. In an inquiring biotechnological world, animal toxins appear as an invaluable source for the discovery of ther ...
- Functional Brain Mapping and the Endeavor to Understand the Working Brain
Francesco Signorelli and Domenico Chirchiglia
522 pages, June, 2013
All chapters downloaded 22887 times.
- Functional brain mapping has by now gained a high impact on research and clinical practice: huge funds are unveiled all over the world in order to boost the research and clinical applications of this field of neuroscience. The most successful approac ...
- Biodegradation - Engineering and Technology
Rolando Chamy and Francisca Rosenkranz
484 pages, June, 2013
All chapters downloaded 26763 times.
- This book contains a collection of different research activities where several technologies have been applied to the optimization of biodegradation processes. The book has three main sections: A) Hydrocarbons biodegradation, B) Biodegradation and ana ...