- Organic Agriculture Towards Sustainability
282 pages, May, 2014
All chapters downloaded 7859 times.
- Organic agriculture combines tradition, innovation and science to benefit the shared environment and promotes fair relationships and a good quality of life. This book is a compilation of 11 chapters focused on development of organic agriculture, the ...
- Epigenetics and Epigenomics
Christopher J. Payne
218 pages, April, 2014
All chapters downloaded 3954 times.
- The book aims to provide an overview of current knowledge regarding epigenetics and epigenomics. Included are reviews on the role of epigenetics in the development and pathogenesis of the vascular endothelium and nervous system, as well as our curren ...
- Rice - Germplasm, Genetics and Improvement
Wengui Yan and Jinsong Bao
316 pages, April, 2014
All chapters downloaded 9399 times.
- Rice is a staple food for half of the worlds population mostly in Asia. Productivity of rice has largely been improved since the Green Revolution in 1960s. Further improvement of rice yield is necessary to keep pace with population growth, which is a ...
414 pages, April, 2014
All chapters downloaded 7239 times.
- Neurochemistry is a flourishing academic field that contributes to our understanding of molecular, cellular and medical neurobiology. As a scientific discipline, neurochemistry studies the role of chemicals that build the nervous system, it explores ...
- Environmental Risk Assessment of Soil Contamination
Maria C. Hernandez-Soriano
918 pages, March, 2014
All chapters downloaded 25482 times.
- Soil is an irreplaceable resource that sustains life on the planet, challenged by food and energy demands of an increasing population. Therefore, soil contamination constitutes a critical issue to be addressed if we are to secure the life quality of ...
- Pesticides - Toxic Aspects
Marcelo L. Larramendy and Sonia Soloneski
238 pages, February, 2014
All chapters downloaded 6644 times.
- The edited book Pesticides - Toxic Aspects contains an overview of attractive researchers of pesticide toxicology that covers the hazardous effects of common chemical pesticide agents employed every day in our agricultural practices. The combination ...
- Traumatic Brain Injury
592 pages, February, 2014
All chapters downloaded 18003 times.
- Traumatic brain injury is a major source of death and severe disability worldwide. This book provides an excellent and detailed overview of the management of patients with traumatic brain injury, in a stepwise approach, from the intensive care unit, ...
- Sustainable Aquaculture Techniques
Martha Patricia Hernandez- Vergara and Carlos Ivan Perez-Rostro
274 pages, February, 2014
All chapters downloaded 10126 times.
- This book presents some innovative developments in sustainable aquaculture practices in the context of environmental protection and seafood production techniques. The chapters are written by experts in their respective areas, so that their contributi ...