- Oligomerization of Chemical and Biological Compounds
450 pages, June, 2014
All chapters downloaded 6984 times.
- Many thanks to the authors for high quality chapters and to the referees for helping improve the manuscripts. The book is interdisciplinary, it covers fields from organic chemistry to mathematics, and raises different aspects of oligomerization. It i ...
- Biodiversity - The Dynamic Balance of the Planet
378 pages, May, 2014
All chapters downloaded 11214 times.
- The current world biodiversity consists of an inestimable amount of living forms, that at all levels, from genes to biomes, from individuals to populations, from species to communities, are in constant pursuit of the best strategies to react to the n ...
- Organic Agriculture Towards Sustainability
282 pages, May, 2014
All chapters downloaded 8028 times.
- Organic agriculture combines tradition, innovation and science to benefit the shared environment and promotes fair relationships and a good quality of life. This book is a compilation of 11 chapters focused on development of organic agriculture, the ...
- Epigenetics and Epigenomics
Christopher J. Payne
218 pages, April, 2014
All chapters downloaded 4103 times.
- The book aims to provide an overview of current knowledge regarding epigenetics and epigenomics. Included are reviews on the role of epigenetics in the development and pathogenesis of the vascular endothelium and nervous system, as well as our curren ...
- Rice - Germplasm, Genetics and Improvement
Wengui Yan and Jinsong Bao
316 pages, April, 2014
All chapters downloaded 9581 times.
- Rice is a staple food for half of the worlds population mostly in Asia. Productivity of rice has largely been improved since the Green Revolution in 1960s. Further improvement of rice yield is necessary to keep pace with population growth, which is a ...
414 pages, April, 2014
All chapters downloaded 7545 times.
- Neurochemistry is a flourishing academic field that contributes to our understanding of molecular, cellular and medical neurobiology. As a scientific discipline, neurochemistry studies the role of chemicals that build the nervous system, it explores ...
- Environmental Risk Assessment of Soil Contamination
Maria C. Hernandez-Soriano
918 pages, March, 2014
All chapters downloaded 25988 times.
- Soil is an irreplaceable resource that sustains life on the planet, challenged by food and energy demands of an increasing population. Therefore, soil contamination constitutes a critical issue to be addressed if we are to secure the life quality of ...
- Pesticides - Toxic Aspects
Marcelo L. Larramendy and Sonia Soloneski
238 pages, February, 2014
All chapters downloaded 6789 times.
- The edited book Pesticides - Toxic Aspects contains an overview of attractive researchers of pesticide toxicology that covers the hazardous effects of common chemical pesticide agents employed every day in our agricultural practices. The combination ...