414 pages, April, 2014
All chapters downloaded 6729 times.
- Neurochemistry is a flourishing academic field that contributes to our understanding of molecular, cellular and medical neurobiology. As a scientific discipline, neurochemistry studies the role of chemicals that build the nervous system, it explores ...
- Environmental Risk Assessment of Soil Contamination
Maria C. Hernandez-Soriano
918 pages, March, 2014
All chapters downloaded 24370 times.
- Soil is an irreplaceable resource that sustains life on the planet, challenged by food and energy demands of an increasing population. Therefore, soil contamination constitutes a critical issue to be addressed if we are to secure the life quality of ...
- Pesticides - Toxic Aspects
Marcelo L. Larramendy and Sonia Soloneski
238 pages, February, 2014
All chapters downloaded 6382 times.
- The edited book Pesticides - Toxic Aspects contains an overview of attractive researchers of pesticide toxicology that covers the hazardous effects of common chemical pesticide agents employed every day in our agricultural practices. The combination ...
- Traumatic Brain Injury
592 pages, February, 2014
All chapters downloaded 17122 times.
- Traumatic brain injury is a major source of death and severe disability worldwide. This book provides an excellent and detailed overview of the management of patients with traumatic brain injury, in a stepwise approach, from the intensive care unit, ...
- Sustainable Aquaculture Techniques
Martha Patricia Hernandez- Vergara and Carlos Ivan Perez-Rostro
274 pages, February, 2014
All chapters downloaded 9854 times.
- This book presents some innovative developments in sustainable aquaculture practices in the context of environmental protection and seafood production techniques. The chapters are written by experts in their respective areas, so that their contributi ...
- Advances in Biology and Ecology of Nitrogen Fixation
282 pages, January, 2014
All chapters downloaded 10184 times.
- Biological nitrogen fixation has essential role in N cycle in global ecosystem. Several types of nitrogen fixing bacteria are recognized: the free-living bacteria in soil or water; symbiotic bacteria making root nodules in legumes or non-legumes; ass ...
- Hydraulic Conductivity
Vanderlei Rodrigues da Silva
218 pages, December, 2013
All chapters downloaded 4039 times.
- This book is a research publication that covers original research on developments within the Hydraulic Conductivity field of study. The book is a collection of reviewed scholarly contributions written by different authors. Each scholarly contributio ...
- Current Issues in Molecular Virology - Viral Genetics and Biotechnological Applications
294 pages, November, 2013
All chapters downloaded 8765 times.
- This book is a collection of chapters dealing with examples of RNA and DNA viruses, and issues such as how these gene packages have learnt to take advantage of their hosts, molecular recognition events that hosts may use to counterattack the viruses, ...