Medicine » Infectious Diseases
- Human Papillomavirus and Related Diseases From Bench to Bedside A Diagnostic and Preventive Perspective
Davy Vanden Broeck
325 pages, April, 2013
- Cervical cancer is the second most prevalent cancer among women worldwide, and infection with Human Papilloma Virus (HPV) has been identified as the causal agent for this condition. The natural history of cervical cancer is characterized by slow dise ...
- Current Perspectives in HIV Infection
Shailendra K. Saxena
469 pages, April, 2013
- This book gives a comprehensive overview of HIV and AIDS including NeuroAIDS, as well as general concepts of pathology, immunity and immunopathology, diagnosis, treatment, epidemiology and etiology to current clinical recommendations in management of ...
- Tuberculosis - Current Issues in Diagnosis and Management
Bassam H. Mahboub and Mayank G. Vats
489 pages, March, 2013
- Data are rapidly accumulating from all over the world regarding the efficacy of standardized treatment regimens for drug-sensitive, drug-resistant TB and latent TB infection. While we are facing the menace of multi drug-resistant TB [MDR-TB], extens ...
- Research Directions in Tumor Angiogenesis
289 pages, February, 2013
- Angiogenesis is an extension process of the cardiovascular network within human body. It is usually triggered by the demand of oxygen and nutrients from the fast growing tissue and uncontrollably dividing cells, as seen during wound healing and tumor ...
- Novel Aspects on Cysticercosis and Neurocysticercosis
Humberto Foyaca Sibat
364 pages, January, 2013
- This book includes selected peer-reviewed chapters which cover novel aspects of cysticercosis and neurocysticercosis written by well known international researchers, representing the most relevant Working Group for Cysticercosis of Mexico, Peru, Ecua ...
- Preterm Birth
189 pages, January, 2013
- The preterm parturition syndrome is one of the major obstetrical complications of our time. Understanding the mechanisms leading to prematurity may assist the clinician to tailor the desired treatment that is suitable to the mechanisms leading to pre ...
- Parasitic Diseases - Schistosomiasis
Rashika El Ridi
202 pages, January, 2013
- Reports on schistosomiasis epidemiology and clinical features in Africa and Brazil, and development of novel drugs that affect the worm tegument, and vaccine based on excretory-secretory products and Type 2 cytokines.
283 pages, January, 2013
- Encephalitises are a group of inflammatory human and animal diseases of brain caused essentially by different pathogens. In spite of evident success in approaches for prevention, diagnostics and treatment during the last decades, the encephalitises o ...