Medicine » Infectious Diseases
- Tuberculosis - Expanding Knowledge
238 pages, July, 2015
All chapters downloaded 466 times.
- Progress obtained by mycobacteriology in recent years is undeniable with regards to preventing, detecting, and treating cases of tuberculosis, millennial disease that is still present as public health issue worldwide. We present here high-impact rese ...
- Trends in Infectious Diseases
Shailendra K. Saxena
214 pages, April, 2014
All chapters downloaded 4455 times.
- This book gives a comprehensive overview of recent trends in infectious diseases, as well as general concepts of infections, immunopathology, diagnosis, treatment, epidemiology and etiology to current clinical recommendations in management of infecti ...
- Leishmaniasis - Trends in Epidemiology, Diagnosis and Treatment
David M. Claborn
534 pages, March, 2014
All chapters downloaded 8951 times.
- Of all the parasitic diseases, leishmaniasis is one of the most diverse, with a variety of manifestations, from relatively minor cutaneous lesions to deadly visceral infections. It is also widespread, causing human disease in the Americas, Asia, Eur ...
- HLA and Associated Important Diseases
382 pages, March, 2014
All chapters downloaded 7791 times.
- This year marks the 60th anniversary of HLA discovery by the French Nobel laureate physician Jean Dausset, as well as the 55th anniversary of the identification and naming of the first HLA. Under such circumstances, both basic HLA research and its cl ...
- Anopheles mosquitoes - New insights into malaria vectors
828 pages, July, 2013
All chapters downloaded 66477 times.
- Anopheles mosquitoes are highly important insects due to their involvement in the transmission of human malaria and its devastating consequences in endemic countries worldwide. In 2010 alone, malaria was responsible for an estimated 660,000 deaths. A ...
- Recent Advances in the Field of Urinary Tract Infections
184 pages, July, 2013
All chapters downloaded 9958 times.
- Urinary tract infections (UTI) continue to be under the most common bacterial infections worldwide. Diagnostic and treatment have substantial financial burden on society. In the USA, UTIs are responsible for more than 7 million physician visits annua ...
- Practical Management of Chronic Viral Hepatitis
380 pages, May, 2013
All chapters downloaded 16860 times.
- Continuous acquisition of new knowledge in Medicine is essential to ensure progression in diagnostics and therapeutics.
In the last decade the discipline of Hepatology has achieved critical progress in the treatment of viral hepatitis.
The present bo ...
- Manifestations of Cytomegalovirus Infection
Patricia Price, Nandini Makwana and Samantha Brunt
140 pages, May, 2013
All chapters downloaded 7481 times.
- Cytomegalovirus (CMV) is carried by 50 100% of the worlds population throughout their lives. Consequences are most readily seen in immunocompromised individuals such as organ transplant recipients, HIV-infected patients and new born infants. This boo ...