Medicine » Infectious Diseases
- Trends in Infectious Diseases
Shailendra K. Saxena
214 pages, April, 2014
All chapters downloaded 4192 times.
- This book gives a comprehensive overview of recent trends in infectious diseases, as well as general concepts of infections, immunopathology, diagnosis, treatment, epidemiology and etiology to current clinical recommendations in management of infecti ...
- Leishmaniasis - Trends in Epidemiology, Diagnosis and Treatment
David M. Claborn
534 pages, March, 2014
All chapters downloaded 8280 times.
- Of all the parasitic diseases, leishmaniasis is one of the most diverse, with a variety of manifestations, from relatively minor cutaneous lesions to deadly visceral infections. It is also widespread, causing human disease in the Americas, Asia, Eur ...
- HLA and Associated Important Diseases
382 pages, March, 2014
All chapters downloaded 7486 times.
- This year marks the 60th anniversary of HLA discovery by the French Nobel laureate physician Jean Dausset, as well as the 55th anniversary of the identification and naming of the first HLA. Under such circumstances, both basic HLA research and its cl ...
- Anopheles mosquitoes - New insights into malaria vectors
828 pages, July, 2013
All chapters downloaded 65022 times.
- Anopheles mosquitoes are highly important insects due to their involvement in the transmission of human malaria and its devastating consequences in endemic countries worldwide. In 2010 alone, malaria was responsible for an estimated 660,000 deaths. A ...
- Recent Advances in the Field of Urinary Tract Infections
184 pages, July, 2013
All chapters downloaded 9654 times.
- Urinary tract infections (UTI) continue to be under the most common bacterial infections worldwide. Diagnostic and treatment have substantial financial burden on society. In the USA, UTIs are responsible for more than 7 million physician visits annua ...
- Manifestations of Cytomegalovirus Infection
Patricia Price, Nandini Makwana and Samantha Brunt
140 pages, May, 2013
All chapters downloaded 7237 times.
- Cytomegalovirus (CMV) is carried by 50 100% of the worlds population throughout their lives. Consequences are most readily seen in immunocompromised individuals such as organ transplant recipients, HIV-infected patients and new born infants. This boo ...
310 pages, May, 2013
All chapters downloaded 11328 times.
- Tumors of neuroblastoma group are heterogenous and their molecular/genomic properties are closely related to the prognosis of patients: some children enjoy an excellent clinical course after biopsy/surgery alone, and others suffer from a fatal outcom ...
- Infection Control
100 pages, May, 2013
All chapters downloaded 8059 times.
- Health Care associated infection (HAI) is an emerging problem worldwide. HAI causes increased morbidity, mortality and average length of stay of the patient in the hospital. HAI also imposes economic burden on the patient, health care set up and als ...