Medicine » Immunology, Allergology and Rheumatology
876 pages, February, 2012
All chapters downloaded 88039 times.
- Osteoporosis is a public health issue worldwide. During the last few years, progress has been made concerning the knowledge of the pathophysiological mechanism of the disease. Sophisticated technologies have added important information in bone minera ...
- Principles of Osteoarthritis- Its Definition, Character, Derivation and Modality-Related Recognition
Bruce M. Rothschild
602 pages, February, 2012
All chapters downloaded 45178 times.
- This volume addresses the nature of the most common form of arthritis in humans. If osteoarthritis is inevitable (only premature death prevents all of us from being afflicted), it seems essential to facilitate its recognition, prevention, options, an ...
- Clinical and Molecular Advances in Ankylosing Spondylitis
178 pages, February, 2012
All chapters downloaded 15491 times.
- The first section of the book entitled Clinical and Molecular Advances in Ankylosing Spondylitis is a review of the clinical manifestations of Ankylosing Spondylitis (AS) and Spondyloarthritis (SpA). The book includes chapters on Bone Mineral Density ...
- Inflammatory Diseases - Immunopathology, Clinical and Pharmacological Bases
408 pages, February, 2012
All chapters downloaded 57751 times.
- This book is a collection of comprehensive reviews contributed by experts in the diverse fields of acute and chronic inflammatory diseases, with emphasis on current pharmacological and diagnostic options. Interested professionals are also encouraged ...
- Systemic Sclerosis - An Update on the Aberrant Immune System and Clinical Features
218 pages, February, 2012
All chapters downloaded 18401 times.
- Systemic sclerosis (SSc), or often referred to as Scleroderma (tight skin), is characterized by an exaggerated formation of collagen fibers in the skin, which leads to fibrosis. Accumulating evidence now points toward three pathological hallmarks tha ...
- A Look into Myasthenia Gravis
Joseph A. Pruitt
114 pages, January, 2012
All chapters downloaded 22361 times.
- Myasthenia gravis is presently an incurable antibody-mediated autoimmune disorder characterized by generalized voluntary skeletal muscle weakness. The cause of the weakness is a defect at the neuromuscular junction level, in which autoimmune antibodi ...
- Rheumatoid Arthritis - Treatment
Andrew B. Lemmey
376 pages, January, 2012
All chapters downloaded 40764 times.
- The purpose of this book is to provide up-to-date, interesting, and thought-provoking perspectives on various aspects of research into current and potential treatments for rheumatoid arthritis (RA). This book features 17 chapters, with contributions ...
- Insights and Perspectives in Rheumatology
286 pages, January, 2012
All chapters downloaded 31535 times.
- This book offers a range of perspectives on pathogenesis, clinical features and treatment of different rheumatic diseases, with a particular focus on some of the interesting aspects of Sjögren's syndrome. It contains detailed and thorough reviews by ...