Medicine » Immunology, Allergology and Rheumatology
- Principles of Osteoarthritis- Its Definition, Character, Derivation and Modality-Related Recognition
Bruce M. Rothschild
602 pages, February, 2012
All chapters downloaded 43704 times.
- This volume addresses the nature of the most common form of arthritis in humans. If osteoarthritis is inevitable (only premature death prevents all of us from being afflicted), it seems essential to facilitate its recognition, prevention, options, an ...
- Inflammatory Diseases - Immunopathology, Clinical and Pharmacological Bases
408 pages, February, 2012
All chapters downloaded 56605 times.
- This book is a collection of comprehensive reviews contributed by experts in the diverse fields of acute and chronic inflammatory diseases, with emphasis on current pharmacological and diagnostic options. Interested professionals are also encouraged ...
- Systemic Sclerosis - An Update on the Aberrant Immune System and Clinical Features
218 pages, February, 2012
All chapters downloaded 17796 times.
- Systemic sclerosis (SSc), or often referred to as Scleroderma (tight skin), is characterized by an exaggerated formation of collagen fibers in the skin, which leads to fibrosis. Accumulating evidence now points toward three pathological hallmarks tha ...
- A Look into Myasthenia Gravis
Joseph A. Pruitt
114 pages, January, 2012
All chapters downloaded 20940 times.
- Myasthenia gravis is presently an incurable antibody-mediated autoimmune disorder characterized by generalized voluntary skeletal muscle weakness. The cause of the weakness is a defect at the neuromuscular junction level, in which autoimmune antibodi ...
- Rheumatoid Arthritis - Treatment
Andrew B. Lemmey
376 pages, January, 2012
All chapters downloaded 39465 times.
- The purpose of this book is to provide up-to-date, interesting, and thought-provoking perspectives on various aspects of research into current and potential treatments for rheumatoid arthritis (RA). This book features 17 chapters, with contributions ...
- Insights and Perspectives in Rheumatology
286 pages, January, 2012
All chapters downloaded 30742 times.
- This book offers a range of perspectives on pathogenesis, clinical features and treatment of different rheumatic diseases, with a particular focus on some of the interesting aspects of Sjögren's syndrome. It contains detailed and thorough reviews by ...
- Rheumatoid Arthritis - Etiology, Consequences and Co-Morbidities
Andrew B. Lemmey
314 pages, January, 2012
All chapters downloaded 27661 times.
- The purpose of this book is to provide up-to-date, interesting, and thought-provoking perspectives on various aspects of research into current and potential treatments for rheumatoid arthritis (RA). This book features 16 chapters, with contributions ...
- New Insights into Fibromyalgia
William S. Wilke
232 pages, January, 2012
All chapters downloaded 30019 times.
- Given the potential problems that can obscure any scientific enterprise, inconsistent results across studies are bound to occur. How are we to decide what is true? Let's turn to philosophy for a reasonable answer. The mathematician-philosopher Bertr ...