Medicine » Immunology, Allergology and Rheumatology
- Osteoarthritis - Progress in Basic Research and Treatment
272 pages, July, 2015
All chapters downloaded 568 times.
- The most common form of arthritis is osteoarthritis (OA), which most often affects the hip, knee, foot and hand. The degeneration of joint cartilage and changes in underlying bone and supporting tissues such as ligament leads to pain, stiffness, mov ...
- Autoimmunity - Pathogenesis, Clinical Aspects and Therapy of Specific Autoimmune Diseases
208 pages, June, 2015
All chapters downloaded 356 times.
- Autoimmunity is defined as an immune response against a self-antigen. This abnormal immune response can lead to tissue damage and to the development of autoimmune disease. From organ-specific autoimmune diseases, such as myasthenia gravis, to non-org ...
- Advances in Osteoporosis
174 pages, March, 2015
All chapters downloaded 1593 times.
- A balanced regulation of bone formation and resorption in the healthy individual is required for a healthy bone. On the other side, there are many factors which can lead to alterations in bone density and microarchitecture. Menopause is a condition w ...
- Acute Phase Proteins
188 pages, July, 2013
All chapters downloaded 8277 times.
- The magnitude and rapidity of the changes in the concentrations of APPs, together with their short half-life, suggest an important role for these proteins in the establishment of host defense. APPs are regarded as having general functions in trapping ...
- Topics in Osteoporosis
Margarita Valdes Flores
288 pages, May, 2013
All chapters downloaded 14156 times.
- Osteoporosis affects the osteo-articular system. However, there are hormonal, kidney related, gastrointestinal and neuromuscular factors among other, that can be involved in the etiopathogenesis of the disease. In the other hand, for osteoporosis pre ...
- Genes and Autoimmunity - Intracellular Signaling and Microbiome Contribution
Spaska Angelova Stanilova
276 pages, March, 2013
All chapters downloaded 13139 times.
- Autoimmune disorders are known to affect a substantial number of people worldwide, demonstrating a gender bias and are the second largest cause of chronic illness. Recently, the attention has been focused on lifestyle changes as a major factor in the ...
- Current Trends in Atherogenesis
260 pages, February, 2013
All chapters downloaded 12201 times.
- This book collects the state of the art of the antioxidants from the clinical and experimental approaches in order to bring a better understanding of the mechanisms and useful therapies for these diseases. We hope that it can indicate new "current tr ...
- Updates in the Diagnosis and Treatment of Vasculitis
Lazaros I. Sakkas and Christina Katsiari
282 pages, February, 2013
All chapters downloaded 16285 times.
- Vasculitis, an inflammation of blood vessels, can be idiopathic or secondary to other conditions. Infections may also mimic idiopathic vasculitis, and the differential diagnosis is of paramount importance for the practicing physician. Vasculitides ar ...