Medicine » Immunology, Allergology and Rheumatology
- Advances in Osteoporosis
174 pages, March, 2015
All chapters downloaded 1199 times.
- A balanced regulation of bone formation and resorption in the healthy individual is required for a healthy bone. On the other side, there are many factors which can lead to alterations in bone density and microarchitecture. Menopause is a condition w ...
- Acute Phase Proteins
188 pages, July, 2013
All chapters downloaded 8027 times.
- The magnitude and rapidity of the changes in the concentrations of APPs, together with their short half-life, suggest an important role for these proteins in the establishment of host defense. APPs are regarded as having general functions in trapping ...
- Topics in Osteoporosis
Margarita Valdes Flores
288 pages, May, 2013
All chapters downloaded 13879 times.
- Osteoporosis affects the osteo-articular system. However, there are hormonal, kidney related, gastrointestinal and neuromuscular factors among other, that can be involved in the etiopathogenesis of the disease. In the other hand, for osteoporosis pre ...
- Genes and Autoimmunity - Intracellular Signaling and Microbiome Contribution
Spaska Angelova Stanilova
276 pages, March, 2013
All chapters downloaded 12905 times.
- Autoimmune disorders are known to affect a substantial number of people worldwide, demonstrating a gender bias and are the second largest cause of chronic illness. Recently, the attention has been focused on lifestyle changes as a major factor in the ...
- Current Trends in Atherogenesis
260 pages, February, 2013
All chapters downloaded 11880 times.
- This book collects the state of the art of the antioxidants from the clinical and experimental approaches in order to bring a better understanding of the mechanisms and useful therapies for these diseases. We hope that it can indicate new "current tr ...
- Updates in the Diagnosis and Treatment of Vasculitis
Lazaros I. Sakkas and Christina Katsiari
282 pages, February, 2013
All chapters downloaded 15858 times.
- Vasculitis, an inflammation of blood vessels, can be idiopathic or secondary to other conditions. Infections may also mimic idiopathic vasculitis, and the differential diagnosis is of paramount importance for the practicing physician. Vasculitides ar ...
- Autoimmune Diseases - Contributing Factors, Specific Cases of Autoimmune Diseases, and Stem Cell and Other Therapies
402 pages, July, 2012
All chapters downloaded 35407 times.
- Autoimmune disease represents a group of more than 60 different chronic autoimmune diseases that affect approximately 6% of the population. Autoimmune diseases arise when ones immune system actively targets and destroys self tissue resulting in clini ...
- Recent Advances in Immunology to Target Cancer, Inflammation and Infections
Jagat R. Kanwar
532 pages, May, 2012
All chapters downloaded 39000 times.
- Immunology is the branch of biomedical sciences to study of the immune system physiology both in healthy and diseased states. Some aspects of autoimmunity draws our attention to the fact that it is not always associated with pathology. For instance, ...