- Hematology - Science and Practice
Charles H. Lawrie
612 pages, March, 2012
All chapters downloaded 94485 times.
- Hematology encompasses the physiology and pathology of blood and of the blood-forming organs. In common with other areas of medicine, the pace of change in hematology has been breathtaking over recent years. There are now many treatment options avail ...
- Blood Transfusion in Clinical Practice
Puneet Kaur Kochhar
284 pages, March, 2012
All chapters downloaded 69526 times.
- Blood Transfusion in Clinical Practice focuses on the application of blood transfusion in different clinical settings. The text has been divided into five sections. The first section includes a chapter describing the basic principles of ABO blood gro ...
- Blood Cell - An Overview of Studies in Hematology
Terry E. Moschandreou
360 pages, September, 2012
All chapters downloaded 57067 times.
- The editor has incorporated scientific contributions from a diverse group of leading researchers in the field of hematology and related blood cell research. This book aims to provide an overview of current knowledge pertaining to our understanding of ...
Andrea Luigi Tranquilli
226 pages, November, 2011
All chapters downloaded 32665 times.
- Thrombophilia(s) is a condition of increased tendency to form blood clots. This condition may be inherited or acquired, and this is why the term is often used in plural. People who have thrombophilia are at greater risk of having thromboembolic compl ...
- Iron Metabolism
194 pages, June, 2012
All chapters downloaded 21527 times.
- Iron has various functions in the body, including the metabolism of oxygen in a variety of biochemical processes. Iron, as either heme or in its "nonheme" form, plays an important role in key reactions of DNA synthesis and energy production.
Margarita Guenova and Gueorgui Balatzenko
252 pages, May, 2013
All chapters downloaded 14019 times.
- Leukemias are a group of heterogeneous neoplastic disorders, that differ significantly in terms of morhological, immunophenotypic, cytogenetic and molecular features of malignant cells. These specific features reflect the differences in the spectrum ...
140 pages, March, 2012
All chapters downloaded 20359 times.
- This book demonstrates the great efforts aimed at further improving the care of the hemophilia, which may bring further improvement in the quality of life of hemophilia persons and their families.
- Hemodynamics - New Diagnostic and Therapeutic Approaches
A. Seda Artis
164 pages, April, 2012
All chapters downloaded 19851 times.
- Hemodynamics is study of the mechanical and physiologic properties controlling blood pressure and flow through the body. The factors influencing hemodynamics are complex and extensive. In addition to systemic hemodynamic alterations, microvascular al ...