Margarita Guenova and Gueorgui Balatzenko
244 pages, May, 2013
- Leukemias are a group of heterogeneous neoplastic disorders, that differ significantly in terms of morhological, immunophenotypic, cytogenetic and molecular features of malignant cells. These specific features reflect the differences in the spectrum ...
- Multiple Myeloma - A Quick Reflection on the Fast Progress
326 pages, April, 2013
- This book does not provide a comprehensive overview of Multiple Myeloma but a collection of chapters with in-depth information of distinct hot topics in the diagnostic, research and therapeutic fields. The dynamics of testing new drugs for multiple m ...
- Blood Cell - An Overview of Studies in Hematology
Terry E. Moschandreou
350 pages, September, 2012
- The editor has incorporated scientific contributions from a diverse group of leading researchers in the field of hematology and related blood cell research. This book aims to provide an overview of current knowledge pertaining to our understanding of ...
- Hematology - Science and Practice
Charles H. Lawrie
596 pages, March, 2012
- Hematology encompasses the physiology and pathology of blood and of the blood-forming organs. In common with other areas of medicine, the pace of change in hematology has been breathtaking over recent years. There are now many treatment options avail ...
- Iron Metabolism
186 pages, June, 2012
- Iron has various functions in the body, including the metabolism of oxygen in a variety of biochemical processes. Iron, as either heme or in its "nonheme" form, plays an important role in key reactions of DNA synthesis and energy production.
- Blood Transfusion in Clinical Practice
Puneet Kaur Kochhar
272 pages, March, 2012
- Blood Transfusion in Clinical Practice focuses on the application of blood transfusion in different clinical settings. The text has been divided into five sections. The first section includes a chapter describing the basic principles of ABO blood gro ...
Andrea Luigi Tranquilli
226 pages, November, 2011
- Thrombophilia(s) is a condition of increased tendency to form blood clots. This condition may be inherited or acquired, and this is why the term is often used in plural. People who have thrombophilia are at greater risk of having thromboembolic compl ...
- Hemodynamics - New Diagnostic and Therapeutic Approaches
A. Seda Artis
156 pages, April, 2012
- Hemodynamics is study of the mechanical and physiologic properties controlling blood pressure and flow through the body. The factors influencing hemodynamics are complex and extensive. In addition to systemic hemodynamic alterations, microvascular al ...