- Topics in Paraplegia
302 pages, July, 2014
All chapters downloaded 5331 times.
- Spinal cord injury related paraplegia changes a person's life in a sudden way. The most important issue for physicians, therapists and caregivers is to manage the complications that arise, and help paraplegic subjects return to a productive integrate ...
- Glucose Homeostasis
174 pages, June, 2014
All chapters downloaded 2562 times.
- Most tissues and organs, such as the brain, need glucose constantly, as an important source of energy. The low blood concentrations of glucose (hypoglycemia) can cause seizures, loss of consciousness, and death. On the other hand, long lasting elevat ...
- Tumors of the Central Nervous System - Primary and Secondary
Lee Roy Morgan
270 pages, June, 2014
All chapters downloaded 2164 times.
- A novel concept that is reviewed and discussed in several chapters in the book alludes to the transport of drugs bound to red blood cells into the highly vascular CNS tumors - both primary and metastatic. Such a transport mechanism is unique and of s ...
- Inguinal Hernia
132 pages, June, 2014
All chapters downloaded 3712 times.
- The surgical treatment of hernia requires an extensive knowledge and technical ability. Astley Cooper stated that no disease of surgical interest requires so broad skills and knowledge as hernia and its variants. The history of groin hernia repair ev ...
- Advanced Brain Neuroimaging Topics in Health and Disease - Methods and Applications
T. Dorina Papageorgiou, George I. Christopoulos and Stelios M. Smirnakis
678 pages, May, 2014
All chapters downloaded 7445 times.
- The brain is the most complex computational device we know, consisting of highly interacting and redundant networks of areas, supporting specific brain functions. The rules by which these areas organize themselves to perform specific computations hav ...
- Immune Response Activation
Guy Huynh Thien Duc
274 pages, May, 2014
All chapters downloaded 3096 times.
- The book Immune Response Activation is aiming to analyse the multifaceted aspects of the immune response, treating a number of representative cases in which the immune response is, on one hand, activated against pathogens, and, on the other hand, inv ...
- Peripheral Neuropathy
114 pages, May, 2014
All chapters downloaded 3210 times.
- Peripheral Neuropathy offers an update on few of the hottest topics of diagnose, treatment and rehabilitation of peripheral nerve injuries. The book is composed of five chapters, each addressing a different topic, ranging from an analysis of the heig ...
- Pharmacology and Nutritional Intervention in the Treatment of Disease
426 pages, May, 2014
All chapters downloaded 9718 times.
- Pharmacology and Nutritional Intervention in the Treatment of Disease is a book dealing with an important research field that has worldwide significance. Its aim is to strengthen the research base of this field of investigation as it yields knowledge ...