- Essentials and Controversies in Bariatric Surgery
152 pages, October, 2014
All chapters downloaded 3314 times.
- Bariatric surgery has been proved to be clinically effective and economically viable for obese people when compared to non-surgical interventions. Advancement of minimally invasive surgery in the last 20 years has made the safety and reliability wide ...
- Sleep and its Disorders Affect Society
160 pages, September, 2014
All chapters downloaded 2465 times.
- This book consists of a diverse set of topics which cover not only the predominant interests in sleep medicine such as sleep apnoea but also the more esoteric areas such as forensic sleep medicine. The chapters provide contemporary reviews and analys ...
- New Trends in Tissue Engineering and Regenerative Medicine - Official Book of the Japanese Society for Regenerative Medicine
Hideharu Hibi and Minoru Ueda
130 pages, September, 2014
All chapters downloaded 2868 times.
- This book is an edited collection of all the achievements of the main members of the Dental Division of the Japanese Society for Regenerative Medicine, which derives from the Japanese Forum for Regenerative Dentistry established in 2003. Scientific m ...
- Intracerebral Hemorrhage
120 pages, September, 2014
All chapters downloaded 2605 times.
- Intracerebral hemorrhage is an important clinical entity encountered in practice. Common causes of intracerebral hemorrhage include hypertension, amyloid angiopathy, trauma, coagulopathy, arteriovenous malformation and underlying tumor. Advances in i ...
- Topics in Spinal Anaesthesia
Victor M. Whizar-Lugo
188 pages, September, 2014
All chapters downloaded 6136 times.
- Topics on Spinal Anaesthesia consists of eight important and updated chapters covering subarachnoid anaesthesia for major orthopaedic surgeries, ambulatory and short stay plastic surgical procedures, complications, and discussing the usefulness of op ...
- Ophthalmology - Current Clinical and Research Updates
604 pages, September, 2014
All chapters downloaded 6477 times.
- This book brings together both a review and updates in clinical and research areas. The chapters will be of interest to a wide audience. On one hand, the review and update of clinical practices will interest students and residents, on the other, cutt ...
- COPD Clinical Perspectives
Ralph J. Panos
206 pages, July, 2014
All chapters downloaded 3088 times.
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) is an increasingly recognized cause of morbidity and mortality. Over the next 10 years, deaths due to COPD are expected to increase by 30% and, by 2030, COPD is estimated to be the third leading cause of ...
- Capsaicin - Sensitive Neural Afferentation and the Gastrointestinal Tract: from Bench to Bedside
Gyula Mozsik, Omar M. E. Abdel- Salam and Koji Takeuchi
320 pages, July, 2014
All chapters downloaded 3098 times.
- The capsaicin, a component of paprika, has been used in the culinary practice of every day nutritional practice. This agent is known to cause a variety of actions in the body through activating capsaicin-sensitive afferent neurons. A recently launc ...