Earth and Planetary Sciences
- Geochronology - Methods and Case Studies
204 pages, July, 2014
All chapters downloaded 2119 times.
- Chronology is the backbone of history, and there is a wise saying stating there is no history without a chronology. Earths evolutionary history is built up by geochronology, i.e. time benchmarks upon which the geological history is built up step by s ...
- Advanced Geoscience Remote Sensing
280 pages, June, 2014
All chapters downloaded 5232 times.
- Nowadays, advanced remote sensing technology plays tremendous roles to build a quantitative and comprehensive understanding of how the Earth system operates. The advanced remote sensing technology is also used widely to monitor and survey the natural ...
- Mechanism of Sedimentary Basin Formation - Multidisciplinary Approach on Active Plate Margins
316 pages, August, 2013
All chapters downloaded 21534 times.
- This book is devoted to the mechanisms of sedimentary basin formation on active plate margins, which show enormous diversity reflecting complex tectonic processes. Multidisciplinary approach pursuing basin-forming mechanism is based on geology, sedim ...
- Effective and Sustainable Hydraulic Fracturing
Andrew P. Bunger, John McLennan and Rob Jeffrey
1072 pages, May, 2013
All chapters downloaded 132384 times.
- This book comprises the proceedings for the International Conference for Effective and Sustainable Hydraulic Fracturing (HF2013) which was held 20-22 May 2013 in Brisbane, Australia. The conference goal was to advance hydraulic fracturing technology ...
- Engineering Seismology, Geotechnical and Structural Earthquake Engineering
308 pages, March, 2013
All chapters downloaded 23927 times.
- The mitigation of earthquake-related hazards represents a key role in the modern society. The mitigation of such kind of hazards spans from detailed studies on seismicity, evaluation of site effects, and seismo-induced landslides, tsunamis as well as ...
- Fractal Analysis and Chaos in Geosciences
182 pages, November, 2012
All chapters downloaded 17391 times.
- The fractal analysis is becoming a very useful tool to process obtained data from chaotic systems in geosciences. It can be used to resolve many ambiguities in this domain. This book contains eight chapters showing the recent applications of the frac ...
- Clay Minerals in Nature - Their Characterization, Modification and Application
Marta Valaškova and Gražyna Simha Martynkova
326 pages, September, 2012
All chapters downloaded 55491 times.
- Clay is an abundant raw material which has a variety of uses and properties depending on their structure and composition. Clay minerals are inexpensive and environmentally friendly naturally occurring nanomaterials, thanks to their 1 nm thick silicat ...
- Tectonics - Recent Advances
346 pages, July, 2012
All chapters downloaded 58173 times.
- This book is devoted to different aspects of tectonic researches, especially to modern geodynamic processes. Syntheses of recent and earlier works, combined with new results and interpretations, are presented here for diverse tectonic settings. Most ...