Medicine » Gastroenterology
- Capsaicin - Sensitive Neural Afferentation and the Gastrointestinal Tract: from Bench to Bedside
Gyula Mozsik, Omar M. E. Abdel- Salam and Koji Takeuchi
320 pages, July, 2014
All chapters downloaded 3123 times.
- The capsaicin, a component of paprika, has been used in the culinary practice of every day nutritional practice. This agent is known to cause a variety of actions in the body through activating capsaicin-sensitive afferent neurons. A recently launc ...
- Fecal Incontinence - Causes, Management and Outcome
Anthony G. Catto-Smith
186 pages, April, 2014
All chapters downloaded 3814 times.
- Fecal incontinence is a common and disabling condition that unfortunately remains an “orphan” in terms of medical research and effective therapies. This book provides a brief review of the pathophysiology of fecal incontinence with specific focu ...
- Colorectal Cancer - Surgery, Diagnostics and Treatment
Jim S Khan
530 pages, March, 2014
All chapters downloaded 8805 times.
- Colorectal cancer is one of the commonest cancers affecting individuals across the world. An improvement in survival has been attributed to multidisciplinary management, better diagnostics, improved surgical options for the primary and metastatic dis ...
- Dyspepsia - Advances in Understanding and Management
Eldon Shaffer and Michael Curley
210 pages, November, 2013
All chapters downloaded 8308 times.
- This textbook is specifically written for clinicians involved in managing patients with dyspepsia. It is a practical guide with up-to-date suggestions on evaluation, diagnosis, and management from experts from around the world. Each chapter is a succ ...
- Endoscopy of GI Tract
358 pages, March, 2013
All chapters downloaded 30481 times.
- Endoscopy has had a major impact in the development of modern gastroenterology and other medical specialties. The field of endoscopic procedure has developed over the last decade. By using different data it provided a better understanding of pathogen ...
- Colonoscopy and Colorectal Cancer Screening - Future Directions
284 pages, February, 2013
All chapters downloaded 16919 times.
- Colorectal cancer (CRC) represents a major public health problem worldwide. Fortunately most CRCs originate from a precursor lesion, the adenoma, which is accessible and removable. This is the rationale for CRC screening programs, which are aimed to ...
- Gastric Carcinoma- New Insights into Current Management
304 pages, January, 2013
All chapters downloaded 23963 times.
- Gastric cancer is the second most common cause of cancer-related death in the world. There are no screening tests available for its diagnosis, therefore patients usually presents in late stages, associated with poor prognosis. Currently, many efforts ...
- Current Topics in Gastritis - 2012
274 pages, January, 2013
All chapters downloaded 18197 times.
- Gastritis, as a medical term, exists for the last 150 years, however, terminology and etiology (including the prognosis ) has changed. Gastritis related medical problems are in the focus of different sub-disciplines: internists , gastroenterologists ...