- Biodiversity Enrichment in a Diverse World
Gbolagade Akeem Lameed
518 pages, August, 2012
All chapters downloaded 31357 times.
- This book - Biodiversity Enrichment in a Diverse World - considered biodiversity (plants, animals, fungi, and microbes) from three different angles: genetics, species, and ecosystems. The relationships between them are complex and it looks at these a ...
- Air Pollution - A Comprehensive Perspective
400 pages, August, 2012
All chapters downloaded 30453 times.
- The links between air pollutants and health impacts are many and complex. The environmental health community is being challenged to take stronger mitigation to respect population health and is taking opportunities to further their implication. Recogn ...
- Sustainable Development - Authoritative and Leading Edge Content for Environmental Management
600 pages, August, 2012
All chapters downloaded 49404 times.
- In recent years the topic of environmental management has become very common. In sustainable development conditions, central and local governments much more often notice the need of acting in ways that diminish negative impact on environment. Environ ...
- Air Quality - New Perspective
Gustavo Lopez Badilla, Benjamin Valdez and Michael Schorr
336 pages, July, 2012
All chapters downloaded 33806 times.
- This book contains 15 chapters reporting air pollution of interest to experts in academia and industrial plants dealing with the environmental issues. These chapters emphasize the problems of air pollution involving the human sector as an essential p ...
- Landscape Planning
372 pages, June, 2012
All chapters downloaded 52103 times.
- Landscape architecture is the design of outdoor and public spaces to achieve environmental, socio-behavioral, and/or aesthetic outcomes. It involves the systematic investigation of existing social, ecological, and geological conditions and processes ...
- Post-Consumer Waste Recycling and Optimal Production
306 pages, May, 2012
All chapters downloaded 37839 times.
- This book deals with several aspects of waste material recycling. It is divided into three sections. The first section explains the roles of stakeholders, both informal and formal sectors, in post-consumer waste activities. It also discusses waste co ...
- Topics in Conservation Biology
122 pages, May, 2012
All chapters downloaded 18399 times.
- Conservation biology is called a "crisis discipline." In a world undergoing rapid change, this science informs us about research, technologies, management practices, and policies that can help protect the earth's naturally-occurring biological divers ...
- Diversity of Ecosystems
496 pages, April, 2012
All chapters downloaded 71152 times.
- The ecosystems present a great diversity worldwide and use various functionalities according to ecologic regions. In this new context of variability and climatic changes, these ecosystems undergo notable modifications amplified by domestic uses of wh ...