- Molecular Approaches to Genetic Diversity
Mahmut Caliskan, Guul Cevahir Oz, I. Halil Kavakli and Birguul Ozcan
218 pages, April, 2015
All chapters downloaded 512 times.
- In the last 50 years, combinations of conventional and molecular methods have made the genetic diversity a widespread science. Moreover, the issue of conserving genetic diversity as a component of the conservation of the environment has been raised a ...
- Storage Stability of Fuels
276 pages, February, 2015
All chapters downloaded 1143 times.
- This book presents an analysis of the results of studies of motor fuels ageing, conducted in laboratory and model conditions, in terms of building a system operating on-line, allowing continuous assessment of the operational usability of gasoline and ...
- Biodiversity - The Dynamic Balance of the Planet
378 pages, May, 2014
All chapters downloaded 10426 times.
- The current world biodiversity consists of an inestimable amount of living forms, that at all levels, from genes to biomes, from individuals to populations, from species to communities, are in constant pursuit of the best strategies to react to the n ...
- Environmental Risk Assessment of Soil Contamination
Maria C. Hernandez-Soriano
918 pages, March, 2014
All chapters downloaded 24372 times.
- Soil is an irreplaceable resource that sustains life on the planet, challenged by food and energy demands of an increasing population. Therefore, soil contamination constitutes a critical issue to be addressed if we are to secure the life quality of ...
- Advances in Landscape Architecture
938 pages, July, 2013
All chapters downloaded 98842 times.
- Landscape architecture is the design of outdoor and public spaces to achieve environmental, socio-behavioral, and/or aesthetic outcomes. It involves the systematic investigation of existing social, ecological, and geological conditions and processes ...
- Environmental Change and Sustainability
Steven Silvern and Stephen Young
312 pages, May, 2013
All chapters downloaded 18543 times.
- Environments around the globe are undergoing human-induced change. Human population growth, rapid urbanization, expanding global economy, and the diffusion of western consumer lifestyles are placing increasing pressure on natural and social systems. ...
- Evapotranspiration - An Overview
Stavros G. Alexandris
284 pages, April, 2013
All chapters downloaded 13999 times.
- Evapotranspiration - An Overview contains recent advances in the physics of evaporation and transpiration from a typical experimental site to large scale areas. It incorporates many years of authors experience with the latest research on the methods ...
Breno Barros and Marcus E. B. Fernandes
86 pages, February, 2013
All chapters downloaded 6811 times.
- Studies of herbivory provide important insights into fundamental questions in many areas of the biological sciences. The focus on natural systems is more effective for the prediction of potential changes in ecosystems, given that agricultural systems ...