Medicine » Endocrinology and Metabolism
- Amyloidosis - An Insight to Disease of Systems and Novel Therapies
Işil Adadan Güvenç
204 pages, November, 2011
All chapters downloaded 36837 times.
- Amyloidosis is a benign, slowly progressive condition characterized by the presence of extracellular fibrillar proteins in various organs and tissues. It has systemic or localized forms. Both systemic and localized amyloidosis have been a point of i ...
- Diabetes Insipidus
148 pages, November, 2011
All chapters downloaded 23358 times.
- The first chapter of the book reports on the management of Langerhans cell histiocytosis (LCH)-induced central diabetes insipidus and its associated endocrinological/neurological sequelae in the national survey. The next chapter addresses DI and head ...
- Topics in the Prevention, Treatment and Complications of Type 2 Diabetes
Mark B. Zimering
352 pages, November, 2011
All chapters downloaded 31569 times.
- Type 2 diabetes is estimated to affect 120 million people worldwide- and according to projections from the World Health Organization this number is expected to double over the next two decades. Novel, cost-effective strategies are needed to reverse t ...
- Gestational Diabetes
392 pages, November, 2011
All chapters downloaded 72580 times.
- Gestational diabetes mellitus is defined as hyperglycemia with onset or first recognition during pregnancy. The incidence of gestational diabetes is still increasing and this pathological condition has strong association with adverse pregnancy outcom ...
- Update on Mechanisms of Hormone Action - Focus on Metabolism, Growth and Reproduction
Gianluca Aimaretti with Paolo Marzullo and Flavia Prodam
480 pages, October, 2011
All chapters downloaded 53538 times.
- The purpose of the present volume is to focus on more recent aspects of the complex regulation of hormonal action, in particular in 3 different hot fields: metabolism, growth and reproduction.
Modern approaches to the physiology and pathology of endo ...
- Basic and Clinical Endocrinology Up-to-Date
360 pages, October, 2011
All chapters downloaded 42441 times.
- This book provides the most up-to-date information on the basic and clinical aspects of endocrinology. It offers both researchers and clinicians experts, gold-standard analysis of endocrine research and translation into the treatment of diseases such ...
- Steroids - Clinical Aspect
174 pages, October, 2011
All chapters downloaded 17584 times.
- Steroids: The basic science and clinical aspects covers the modern understanding and clinical use of steroids. The history of steroids is richly immersed and runs long and deep. The modern history of steroids started in the early 20th century, but it ...
- Role of the Adipocyte in Development of Type 2 Diabetes
382 pages, September, 2011
All chapters downloaded 38959 times.
- Adipocytes are important in the body for maintaining proper energy balance by storing excess energy as triglycerides. However, efforts of the last decade have identified several molecules that are secreted from adipocytes, such as leptin, which are i ...