Medicine » Endocrinology and Metabolism
- Dyslipidemia - From Prevention to Treatment
480 pages, February, 2012
All chapters downloaded 65142 times.
- Dyslipidemia has a complex pathophysiology consisting of various genetic, lifestyle, and environmental factors. It has many adverse health impacts, notably in the development of chronic non-communicable diseases. Significant ethnic differences exist ...
- Sex Steroids
Scott M. Kahn
342 pages, January, 2012
All chapters downloaded 46921 times.
- This book, entitled "Sex Steroids", features a valuable collection of reviews and research articles written by experts in signal transduction, cellular biology, diseases and disorders. "Sex Steroids" is comprised of four sections, "The Biology of Sex ...
- Steroids - Basic Science
244 pages, January, 2012
All chapters downloaded 21670 times.
- This book explains the basic science of steroids and is targeted towards professionals engaged in health services. It should be noted that medical science evolves rapidly and some information like the understanding of steroids and their therapeutic u ...
- Global Perspective on Diabetic Foot Ulcerations
288 pages, December, 2011
All chapters downloaded 47890 times.
- Over the last decade, it is becoming increasingly clear that diabetes mellitus is a global epidemic. The influence of diabetes is most readily apparent in its manifestation in foot complications across cultures and continents. In this unique collab ...
- Contemporary Aspects of Endocrinology
478 pages, November, 2011
All chapters downloaded 41066 times.
- This book aims to provide readers with a general as well as an advanced overview of the key trends in endocrine disorders. While covering a variety of topics ranging from thyroid carcinogenesis and pituitary adenomas to adrenal tumors and metabolic b ...
- Type 1 Diabetes Complications
492 pages, November, 2011
All chapters downloaded 49355 times.
- This book is a compilation of reviews about the complication of Type 1 Diabetes. T1D is a classic autoimmune disease. Genetic factors are clearly determinant but cannot explain the rapid, even overwhelming expanse of this disease. Understanding etiol ...
- Type 1 Diabetes - Pathogenesis, Genetics and Immunotherapy
670 pages, November, 2011
All chapters downloaded 52920 times.
- This book is a compilation of reviews about the pathogenesis of Type 1 Diabetes. T1D is a classic autoimmune disease. Genetic factors are clearly determinant but cannot explain the rapid, even overwhelming expanse of this disease. Understanding etiol ...
- Type 1 Diabetes - Complications, Pathogenesis, and Alternative Treatments
482 pages, November, 2011
All chapters downloaded 47917 times.
- This book is intended as an overview of recent progress in type 1 diabetes research worldwide, with a focus on different research areas relevant to this disease. These include: diabetes mellitus and complications, psychological aspects of diabetes, p ...