Medicine » Endocrinology and Metabolism
- Treatment of Type 2 Diabetes
320 pages, April, 2015
All chapters downloaded 1641 times.
- Obesity and type 2 diabetes are increasing worldwide problems. In this book we reviewed factors that contribute to glucose homeostasis and the pathogenesis of Type 2 diabetes. In addition the book addresses current strategies for treatment of Type 2 ...
- Essentials and Controversies in Bariatric Surgery
152 pages, October, 2014
All chapters downloaded 3354 times.
- Bariatric surgery has been proved to be clinically effective and economically viable for obese people when compared to non-surgical interventions. Advancement of minimally invasive surgery in the last 20 years has made the safety and reliability wide ...
- Thyroid Disorders - Focus on Hyperthyroidism
Gonzalo Diaz Soto
278 pages, May, 2014
All chapters downloaded 4234 times.
- The thyroid disorders are one of the most common and exciting areas of endocrinology. Hypothyroidism, multinodular goiter, hyperthyroidism and thyroid cancer are only few of the several implications that the thyroid disorders have in health. In fact, ...
- Type 2 Diabetes
544 pages, June, 2013
All chapters downloaded 36143 times.
- Type 2 diabetes is now a global serious health problem. Patients with type 2 diabetes have 2-4 times higher risk of cardiovascular and renal complications, morbidity and mortality. This book, Type 2 Diabetes, is a unique book covering the topics incl ...
248 pages, June, 2013
All chapters downloaded 9718 times.
- Amyloidosis is an uncommon disorder characterized by the deposition of extracellular amyloid proteins in tissues. Significant advancement has been made recently, which not only provides insight in to the pathophysiology of the disease but also helps ...
- Hot Topics in Endocrine and Endocrine-Related Diseases
274 pages, May, 2013
All chapters downloaded 11609 times.
- This book covers a selected number of hot topics in endocrine and hormone-related pathologies, discussed by eminent scientists and clinicians coming from different countries of the world. It deals with advanced recent trends in the field, including n ...
- Gestational Diabetes - Causes, Diagnosis and Treatment
172 pages, April, 2013
All chapters downloaded 11641 times.
- This book summarizes several aspects of GD, which is caused by not well-understood multifactorial mechanisms. Common strategies seem to be key in the understanding of the syndrome, i.e., endothelial dysfunction and the role of other placenta cells su ...
- Type 1 Diabetes
Alan P. Escher and Alice Li
624 pages, February, 2013
All chapters downloaded 49076 times.
- This book contains a series of up-to-date chapters that review our current knowledge of type 1 diabetes as an autoimmune disease, the problems that still remain with existing treatments, and possible solutions for the near future.