Earth and Planetary Sciences
Earth and Planetary Sciences
- Soil Fertility
Roland Nuhu Issaka
250 pages, December, 2012
All chapters downloaded 21999 times.
- Soil Fertility book presents nine chapters written by renowned soil fertility experts from Africa, Asia and South America. The book is divided into two sections. Section 1, Biological Processes and Integration of Inorganic and Organic Fertilizers for ...
- Advances in Hurricane Research - Modelling, Meteorology, Preparedness and Impacts
206 pages, December, 2012
All chapters downloaded 9263 times.
- This book provides a wealth of new information, ideas and analysis on some of the key unknowns in hurricane research. Topics covered include the numerical prediction systems for tropical cyclone development, the use of remote sensing methods for trop ...
- Research on Soil Erosion
Danilo Godone, Silvia Stanchi
200 pages, November, 2012
All chapters downloaded 15372 times.
- Soil loss for erosion is a natural phenomenon in soil dynamics, influenced by climate, soil intrinsic properties, and morphology, that can both trigger and enhance the process. Anthropic activities, like inappropriate agricultural practices, deforest ...
- Human and Social Dimensions of Climate Change
300 pages, November, 2012
All chapters downloaded 17468 times.
- Anomalous climatic outcomes such as higher temperatures, intense rainfall and flood, frequent and severe droughts are now at the new level. Without appropriate adaptation measures, climate change is bound to exacerbate vulnerability of society, plac ...
- Fractal Analysis and Chaos in Geosciences
182 pages, November, 2012
All chapters downloaded 17580 times.
- The fractal analysis is becoming a very useful tool to process obtained data from chaotic systems in geosciences. It can be used to resolve many ambiguities in this domain. This book contains eight chapters showing the recent applications of the frac ...
- Open Questions in Cosmology
Gonzalo J. Olmo
342 pages, November, 2012
All chapters downloaded 15037 times.
- In the last years we have witnessed how the field of Cosmology has experienced a metamorphosis. From being essentially the search for three numbers (the expansion rate, the deceleration parameter, and the cosmological constant), it has become a preci ...
- Updates in Volcanology - New Advances in Understanding Volcanic Systems
278 pages, September, 2012
All chapters downloaded 10938 times.
- This book is the second volume of the Updates in Volcanology and presents review style chapters as well as stand alone research works on volcanological problems that could be used as valuable resource for both researchers and graduate research studen ...
- Global Warming - Impacts and Future Perspective
Bharat Raj Singh
364 pages, September, 2012
All chapters downloaded 27730 times.
- Global Warming has become perhaps the most complicated issue being faced by world leaders. Thus, it requires field of attention for many modern societies, power and energy engineers, academicians, researchers and stakeholders. The so-called consensus ...