Earth and Planetary Sciences
Earth and Planetary Sciences
- Advances in Modern Cosmology
208 pages, August, 2011
All chapters downloaded 39040 times.
- The twentieth century elevated our understanding of the Universe from its early stages to what it is today and what is to become of it. Cosmology is the weapon that utilizes all the scientific tools that we have created to feel less lost in the immen ...
- Advanced Air Pollution
594 pages, August, 2011
All chapters downloaded 73081 times.
- Leading air quality professionals describe different aspects of air pollution. The book presents information on four broad areas of interest in the air pollution field; the air pollution monitoring; air quality modeling; the GIS techniques to manage ...
- New Frontiers in Tectonic Research - At the Midst of Plate Convergence
364 pages, August, 2011
All chapters downloaded 52719 times.
- Ocean closure involves a variety of converging tectonic processes that reshape shrinking basins, their adjacent margins and the entire earth underneath. Following continental breakup, margin formation and sediment accumulation, tectonics normally rel ...
- Chemistry, Emission Control, Radioactive Pollution and Indoor Air Quality
692 pages, July, 2011
All chapters downloaded 89926 times.
- The atmosphere may be our most precious resource. Accordingly, the balance between its use and protection is a high priority for our civilization. While many of us would consider air pollution to be an issue that the modern world has resolved to a gr ...
- New Frontiers in Tectonic Research - General Problems, Sedimentary Basins and Island Arcs
Evgenii V. Sharkov
366 pages, July, 2011
All chapters downloaded 50158 times.
- This book is devoted to different aspects of tectonic research. Syntheses of recent and earlier works, combined with new results and interpretations, are presented in this book for diverse tectonic settings. Most of the chapters include up-to-date ma ...
- Air Quality Monitoring, Assessment and Management
Nicolás A. Mazzeo
390 pages, July, 2011
All chapters downloaded 49191 times.
- Human beings need to breathe oxygen diluted in certain quantity of inert gas for living. In the atmosphere, there is a gas mixture of, mainly, oxygen and nitrogen, in appropriate proportions. However, the air also contains other gases, vapours and ae ...
- Air Quality-Models and Applications
376 pages, July, 2011
All chapters downloaded 58969 times.
- Air pollution has been a major transboundary problem and a matter of global concern for decades. High concentrations of different air pollutants are particularly harmful to large cities residents, where numerous anthropogenic activities strongly infl ...
- Recent Hurricane Research - Climate, Dynamics, and Societal Impacts
630 pages, April, 2011
All chapters downloaded 90707 times.
- This book represents recent research on tropical cyclones and their impact, and a wide range of topics are covered. An updated global climatology is presented, including the global occurrence of tropical cyclones and the terrestrial factors that may ...