Earth and Planetary Sciences
Earth and Planetary Sciences
- Global Warming - Causes, Impacts and Remedies
Bharat Raj Singh
218 pages, April, 2015
All chapters downloaded 845 times.
- Global warming has become perhaps the most complicated issue facing world leaders. It is becoming clear that humans have caused most of the past century's warming by releasing heat-trapping gases as we power our modern lives mainly by the burning of ...
- Geochronology - Methods and Case Studies
204 pages, July, 2014
All chapters downloaded 1970 times.
- Chronology is the backbone of history, and there is a wise saying stating there is no history without a chronology. Earths evolutionary history is built up by geochronology, i.e. time benchmarks upon which the geological history is built up step by s ...
- Mitigation of Ionospheric Threats to GNSS: an Appraisal of the Scientific and Technological Outputs of the TRANSMIT Project
Riccardo Notarpietro, Fabio Dovis, Giorgiana De Franceschi and Marcio Aquino
236 pages, July, 2014
All chapters downloaded 4475 times.
- TRANSMIT (Training Research and Applications Network to Support the Mitigation of Ionospheric Threats) is an initiative funded by the European Commission through a Marie Curie Initial Training Network. It provided a coordinated program of academic an ...
- Land Applications of Radar Remote Sensing
Francesco Holecz, Paolo Pasquali, Nada Milisavljevic and Damien Closson
318 pages, June, 2014
All chapters downloaded 9191 times.
- The aim of this book is to demonstrate the use of SAR data in three application domains, i.e. land cover (Part II), topography (Part III), and land motion (Part IV). These are preceded by Part I, where an extensive and complete review on speckle and ...
- Advanced Geoscience Remote Sensing
280 pages, June, 2014
All chapters downloaded 5009 times.
- Nowadays, advanced remote sensing technology plays tremendous roles to build a quantitative and comprehensive understanding of how the Earth system operates. The advanced remote sensing technology is also used widely to monitor and survey the natural ...
- Natural Disasters - Multifaceted Aspects in Management and Impact Assessment
124 pages, August, 2013
All chapters downloaded 4707 times.
- This book is an overview of the complex and multifaceted topic of natural disasters impact. Several possible approaches can be undertaken to assess economic, psychological, societal or environmental damage caused by natural disasters, aiming to reduc ...
- Mechanism of Sedimentary Basin Formation - Multidisciplinary Approach on Active Plate Margins
316 pages, August, 2013
All chapters downloaded 21103 times.
- This book is devoted to the mechanisms of sedimentary basin formation on active plate margins, which show enormous diversity reflecting complex tectonic processes. Multidisciplinary approach pursuing basin-forming mechanism is based on geology, sedim ...
- Climate Variability - Regional and Thematic Patterns
214 pages, August, 2013
All chapters downloaded 7765 times.
- As societies transition to evidence-based adaptation and management there is increasing recognition of the need for understanding climate change and variability dynamics and impacts at regional levels and for various activities. This book is a contri ...