Medicine » Complementary and Alternative Medicine
- Acupuncture in Modern Medicine
Lucy L. Chen and Tsung O. Cheng
400 pages, March, 2013
All chapters downloaded 36684 times.
- This book contains four integrated sections: 1) Acupuncture Research; 2) New Developments in Acupuncture; 3) Acupuncture Therapy for Clinical Conditions and 4) Assessment and Accessibility in Acupuncture Therapy.
Section 1 provides updates on acupun ...
- Alternative Medicine
306 pages, December, 2012
All chapters downloaded 23656 times.
- Alternative medicine is recognized as medical products and practices that do not belong to the standard cares taken by medical doctors, doctors of osteopathy and allied health professionals. It has developed into a multitude of medical products and p ...
- Complementary Therapies for the Contemporary Healthcare
Marcelo Saad and Roberta de Medeiros
244 pages, October, 2012
All chapters downloaded 19012 times.
- Complementary therapies (CTs) are practices, products or systems for health that are outside the domain of conventional medicine (also called Western or allopathic medicine), used either to treat illnesses or to promote health and well-being. Defini ...
- Erectile Dysfunction - Disease-Associated Mechanisms and Novel Insights into Therapy
Kenia Pedrosa Nunes
214 pages, February, 2012
All chapters downloaded 32464 times.
- Erectile dysfunction is a widespread problem, affecting many men across all age groups and it is more than a serious quality of life problem for sexually active men. This book contains chapters written by widely acknowledged experts, each of which pr ...
- A Compendium of Essays on Alternative Therapy
292 pages, January, 2012
All chapters downloaded 71929 times.
- A Compendium of Essays on Alternative Therapy is aimed at both conventional and alternate therapy practitioners, besides serving as an educational tool for students and lay persons on the progress made in the field. While this resource is not all-inc ...
- Recent Advances in Theories and Practice of Chinese Medicine
504 pages, January, 2012
All chapters downloaded 91002 times.
- During the recent years, traditional Chinese medicine (TCM) has attracted the attention of researchers all over the world. It is looked upon not only as a bright pearl, but also a treasure house of ancient Chinese culture. Nowadays, TCM has become a ...
- Quality Control of Herbal Medicines and Related Areas
292 pages, November, 2011
All chapters downloaded 108006 times.
- The authors of this thematic issue provide a comprehensive summary of most recent knowledge and references on quality control in wide fields. Quality control is essential for natural products like natural medicine and related food products.
In this ...
- Acupuncture - Concepts and Physiology
246 pages, October, 2011
All chapters downloaded 37145 times.
- Acupuncture and related techniques are useful tools for treating a spectrum of diseases. However, there are still many areas of controversy surrounding it. We hope this book can contribute to guide the advance of this ancient medical art. In the pres ...