Medicine » Complementary and Alternative Medicine
- Acupuncture in Modern Medicine
Lucy L. Chen and Tsung O. Cheng
389 pages, March, 2013
- This book contains four integrated sections: 1) Acupuncture Research; 2) New Developments in Acupuncture; 3) Acupuncture Therapy for Clinical Conditions and 4) Assessment and Accessibility in Acupuncture Therapy.
Section 1 provides updates on acupun ...
- Alternative Medicine
297 pages, December, 2012
- Alternative medicine is recognized as medical products and practices that do not belong to the standard cares taken by medical doctors, doctors of osteopathy and allied health professionals. It has developed into a multitude of medical products and p ...
- Complementary Therapies for the Contemporary Healthcare
Marcelo Saad and Roberta de Medeiros
230 pages, October, 2012
- Complementary therapies (CTs) are practices, products or systems for health that are outside the domain of conventional medicine (also called Western or allopathic medicine), used either to treat illnesses or to promote health and well-being. Defini ...
- Liver Regeneration
Pedro M. Baptista
252 pages, May, 2012
- Doctors and scientists have been aware of the "phenomenom" of liver regeneration since the time of the ancient Greeks, illustrated by the mythic tale of Prometheus' punishment. Nevertheless, true insight into its intricate mechanisms have only become ...
- Erectile Dysfunction - Disease-Associated Mechanisms and Novel Insights into Therapy
Kenia Pedrosa Nunes
214 pages, February, 2012
- Erectile dysfunction is a widespread problem, affecting many men across all age groups and it is more than a serious quality of life problem for sexually active men. This book contains chapters written by widely acknowledged experts, each of which pr ...
- A Compendium of Essays on Alternative Therapy
302 pages, January, 2012
- A Compendium of Essays on Alternative Therapy is aimed at both conventional and alternate therapy practitioners, besides serving as an educational tool for students and lay persons on the progress made in the field. While this resource is not all-inc ...
- Recent Advances in Theories and Practice of Chinese Medicine
504 pages, January, 2012
- During the recent years, traditional Chinese medicine (TCM) has attracted the attention of researchers all over the world. It is looked upon not only as a bright pearl, but also a treasure house of ancient Chinese culture. Nowadays, TCM has become a ...
- Quality Control of Herbal Medicines and Related Areas
282 pages, November, 2011
- The authors of this thematic issue provide a comprehensive summary of most recent knowledge and references on quality control in wide fields. Quality control is essential for natural products like natural medicine and related food products.
In this ...