Computer and Information Science
- Recent Developments in Mobile Communications - A Multidisciplinary Approach
Juan P. Maícas
284 pages, December, 2011
All chapters downloaded 92630 times.
- Recent Developments in Mobile Communications - A Multidisciplinary Approach offers a multidisciplinary perspective on the mobile telecommunications industry. The aim of the chapters is to offer both comprehensive and up-to-date surveys of recent deve ...
- Applied Cryptography and Network Security
390 pages, March, 2012
All chapters downloaded 64606 times.
- Cryptography will continue to play important roles in developing of new security solutions which will be in great demand with the advent of high-speed next-generation communication systems and networks. This book discusses some of the critical securi ...
- Advanced Biometric Technologies
Girija Chetty and Jucheng Yang
394 pages, August, 2011
All chapters downloaded 66714 times.
- The methods for human identity authentication based on biometrics - the physiological and behavioural characteristics of a person have been evolving continuously and seen significant improvement in performance and robustness over the last few years ...
- Cryptography and Security in Computing
256 pages, March, 2012
All chapters downloaded 44306 times.
- The purpose of this book is to present some of the critical security challenges in today's computing world and to discuss mechanisms for defending against those attacks by using classical and modern approaches of cryptography and other defence mechan ...
- New Trends and Developments in Biometrics
Jucheng Yang, Shan Juan Xie
342 pages, November, 2012
All chapters downloaded 30340 times.
- In recent years, biometrics has developed rapidly with its worldwide applications for daily life. New trends and novel developments have been proposed to acquire and process many different biometric traits. The ignored challenges in the past and pote ...
- Wireless Ad-Hoc Networks
172 pages, December, 2012
All chapters downloaded 18737 times.
- A wireless ad-hoc network is a wireless network deployed without any infrastructure. This includes wireless mesh networks, mobile ad-hoc networks, and vehicular ad-hoc networks. This book focuses on the most fundamental aspects of wireless ad-hoc ne ...
- Energy Efficiency in Communications and Networks
150 pages, April, 2012
All chapters downloaded 17048 times.
- The topic of "Energy Efficiency in Communications and Networks" attracts growing attention due to economical and environmental reasons. The amount of power consumed by information and communication technologies (ICT) is rapidly increasing, as well as ...
- Recent Advances in Steganography
100 pages, November, 2012
All chapters downloaded 10242 times.
- Steganography is the art and science of communicating which hides the existence of the communication. Steganographic technologies are an important part of the future of Internet security and privacy on open systems such as the Internet. This book's f ...