Computer and Information Science
- Wireless Ad-Hoc Networks
172 pages, December, 2012
All chapters downloaded 18762 times.
- A wireless ad-hoc network is a wireless network deployed without any infrastructure. This includes wireless mesh networks, mobile ad-hoc networks, and vehicular ad-hoc networks. This book focuses on the most fundamental aspects of wireless ad-hoc ne ...
- New Trends and Developments in Biometrics
Jucheng Yang, Shan Juan Xie
342 pages, November, 2012
All chapters downloaded 30400 times.
- In recent years, biometrics has developed rapidly with its worldwide applications for daily life. New trends and novel developments have been proposed to acquire and process many different biometric traits. The ignored challenges in the past and pote ...
- Recent Advances in Steganography
100 pages, November, 2012
All chapters downloaded 10269 times.
- Steganography is the art and science of communicating which hides the existence of the communication. Steganographic technologies are an important part of the future of Internet security and privacy on open systems such as the Internet. This book's f ...
- Energy Efficiency in Communications and Networks
150 pages, April, 2012
All chapters downloaded 17077 times.
- The topic of "Energy Efficiency in Communications and Networks" attracts growing attention due to economical and environmental reasons. The amount of power consumed by information and communication technologies (ICT) is rapidly increasing, as well as ...
- Applied Cryptography and Network Security
390 pages, March, 2012
All chapters downloaded 64670 times.
- Cryptography will continue to play important roles in developing of new security solutions which will be in great demand with the advent of high-speed next-generation communication systems and networks. This book discusses some of the critical securi ...
- Cryptography and Security in Computing
256 pages, March, 2012
All chapters downloaded 44357 times.
- The purpose of this book is to present some of the critical security challenges in today's computing world and to discuss mechanisms for defending against those attacks by using classical and modern approaches of cryptography and other defence mechan ...
- Mobile Multimedia - User and Technology Perspectives
166 pages, January, 2012
All chapters downloaded 22380 times.
- As multimedia-enabled mobile devices such as smart phones and tablets are becoming the day-to-day computing device of choice for users of all ages, everyone expects that all mobile multimedia applications and services should be as smooth and as high- ...
- Recent Developments in Mobile Communications - A Multidisciplinary Approach
Juan P. Maícas
284 pages, December, 2011
All chapters downloaded 92760 times.
- Recent Developments in Mobile Communications - A Multidisciplinary Approach offers a multidisciplinary perspective on the mobile telecommunications industry. The aim of the chapters is to offer both comprehensive and up-to-date surveys of recent deve ...