- Irrigation and Drainage - Sustainable Strategies and Systems
Muhammad Salik Javaid
126 pages, May, 2015
All chapters downloaded 226 times.
- The sustainability of irrigation and drainage in the face of many variants and constraints like availability of water as a resource, ecological balance, socio-cultural impacts, and climate change effects lies in the strategies adopted and systems emp ...
- Magnesium Alloys - Properties in Solid and Liquid States
178 pages, November, 2014
All chapters downloaded 2219 times.
- Magnesium alloys with their unique physical and chemical properties are important candidates for many modern engineering applications. Their density, being the lowest of all structural metals, makes them the primary choice in global attempts aimed at ...
- Integrated Use of Space, Geophysical and Hyperspectral Technologies Intended for Monitoring Water Leakages in Water Supply Networks
Diofantos G. Hadjimitsis, Athos Agapiou and Kyriacos Themistocleous
82 pages, November, 2014
All chapters downloaded 1014 times.
- Remote sensing has been used for water management purposes over the years. This book describes the combination of satellite imagery, in-situ spectroradiometric data and radar techniques for the identification of water leakages in the water supply net ...
- Remote Sensing of Environment - Integrated Approaches
Diofantos G. Hadjimitsis
224 pages, July, 2013
All chapters downloaded 16119 times.
- This book covers the latest developments in remote sensing theory and applications by numerous researchers, experts and collaborators of the Remote Sensing and Geo-Environment Lab of the Department of Civil Engineering and Geomatics of the Cyprus Uni ...
- Earthquake Engineering
348 pages, August, 2012
All chapters downloaded 60383 times.
- Recent major earthquakes around the world have shown the vulnerability of infrastructure and the need for research to better understand the nature of seismic events and their effects on structures. As a result, earthquake engineering research has bee ...
- Hydrodynamics - Theory and Model
318 pages, March, 2012
All chapters downloaded 46275 times.
- With the amazing advances of scientific research, Hydrodynamics - Theory and Application presents the engineering applications of hydrodynamics from many countries around the world. A wide range of topics are covered in this book, including the theor ...
- Earthquake-Resistant Structures - Design, Assessment and Rehabilitation
536 pages, February, 2012
All chapters downloaded 120653 times.
- This book deals with earthquake-resistant structures, such as, buildings, bridges and liquid storage tanks. It contains twenty chapters covering several interesting research topics written by researchers and experts in the field of earthquake enginee ...
- Geoscience and Remote Sensing New Achievements
Pasquale Imperatore and Daniele Riccio
516 pages, February, 2010
All chapters downloaded 157545 times.
- Our planet is nowadays continuously monitored by powerful remote sensors operating in wide portions of the electromagnetic spectrum. Our capability of acquiring detailed information on the environment has been revolutionized by revealing its inner s ...