Medicine » Cardiology and Cardiovascular Medicine
- Cardiac Arrhythmias - New Considerations
Francisco R. Breijo-Marquez
534 pages, February, 2012
- The most intimate mechanisms of cardiac arrhythmias are still quite unknown to scientists. Genetic studies on ionic alterations, the electrocardiographic features of cardiac rhythm and an arsenal of diagnostic tests have done more in the last five ye ...
- Acute Coronary Syndromes
Mariano E. Brizzio
214 pages, February, 2012
- This book has been written with the intention of providing an up-to-the minute review of acute coronary syndromes. Atherosclerotic coronary disease is still a leading cause of death within developed countries and not surprisingly, is significantly r ...
- Cardiomyopathies - From Basic Research to Clinical Management
800 pages, February, 2012
- Cardiomyopathy means "heart (cardio) muscle (myo) disease (pathy)". Currently, cardiomyopathies are defined as myocardial disorders in which the heart muscle is structurally and/or functionally abnormal in the absence of a coronary artery disease, hy ...
- Cardiac Transplantation
Susan D. Moffatt-Bruce
154 pages, February, 2012
- We are truly in an era of change not only in terms of technology but in the type of patient we are caring for. That is why I feel this book is exciting in that it presents the team approach to the transplant patient. I am confident that the pioneers ...
- Electrophysiology - From Plants to Heart
202 pages, February, 2012
- The outstanding evolution of recording techniques paved the way for better understanding of electrophysiological phenomena within the human organs, including the cardiovascular, ophthalmologic and neural systems. In the field of cardiac electrophysio ...
- Advances in Electrocardiograms - Clinical Applications
Richard M. Millis
328 pages, January, 2012
- Electrocardiograms have become one of the most important, and widely used medical tools for diagnosing diseases such as cardiac arrhythmias, conduction disorders, electrolyte imbalances, hypertension, coronary artery disease and myocardial infarction ...
- Advances in Electrocardiograms - Methods and Analysis
Richard M. Millis
390 pages, January, 2012
- Electrocardiograms are one of the most widely used methods for evaluating the structure-function relationships of the heart in health and disease. This book is the first of two volumes which reviews recent advancements in electrocardiography. This vo ...
Francisco Ramón Breijo-Márquez
152 pages, January, 2012
- Endocarditis is a disease that occurs as a result of the inflammation of the endocardium. It is an inflammatory process located in the inner lining of the cardiac chambers and native or prosthetic valves. It is characterized by colonization or invasi ...