Medicine » Cardiology and Cardiovascular Medicine
- Cardiac Surgery - A Commitment to Science, Technology and Creativity
Miguel Angel Maluf and Paulo Roberto Barbosa Evora
188 pages, February, 2014
All chapters downloaded 4507 times.
- In this book it is shown how this specialty has evolved over the past 20 years, with significant advances in diagnosis and palliative and definitive techniques for correction of cardiovascular diseases. The book contains 10 cahpters, which are sho ...
- Cardiac Arrhythmias - Mechanisms, Pathophysiology, and Treatment
Wilbert S. Aronow
160 pages, February, 2014
All chapters downloaded 4350 times.
- This book is useful for physicians taking care of patients with cardiac arrhythmias and includes six chapters written by experts in their field. Chapter 1 discusses basic mechanisms of cardiac arrhythmias. Chapter 2 discusses the chronobiological as ...
- Carotid Artery Disease - From Bench to Bedside and Beyond
230 pages, January, 2014
All chapters downloaded 3914 times.
- This book will bring out the state of art of carotid stenosis in the basic and clinical approaches for better understanding of the mechanisms and useful therapies for these disease. We hope that would be a new current trend understanding new aspects ...
- Basic Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation Manual
Jose A. Morales Gonzalez
80 pages, November, 2013
All chapters downloaded 1139 times.
- The purpose of this publication is to systematize the knowledge necessary to make Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) or Cardiorespiratory Resuscitation (CRR) known to nursing health specialists, which translates as a set of temporary and internation ...
- Hot Topics in Echocardiography
146 pages, November, 2013
All chapters downloaded 5842 times.
- Echocardiography is still the most used imaging technique for the evaluation of cardiac anatomy and function and today it plays an essential role in daily decision making.
The echocardiographic technology and its applications have widely developed i ...
- Pulmonary Hypertension
Jean M. Elwing and Ralph J. Panos
242 pages, July, 2013
All chapters downloaded 12813 times.
- This volume presents overviews as well as in depth reviews of many aspects of the clinical presentation, pathophysiology, and treatment of Pulmonary Hypertension (PH) especially PH related to thromboembolic disease. Saleem Sharieff presents a compre ...
- Arteriovenous Fistulas - Diagnosis and Management
Stavropoula I. Tjoumakaris
210 pages, July, 2013
All chapters downloaded 11061 times.
- Arteriovenous fistulas are shunts between arteries and veins that can be found in many organs of the human body such as the brain, skin, eye and lung. These lesions can be symptomatic by causing ischemia, through the process of the steal phenomenon, ...
- Recent Advances in Infective Endocarditis
Steven W. Kerrigan
132 pages, June, 2013
All chapters downloaded 18643 times.
- Endocarditis is an inflammation of the lining of the heart and valves. It can be due to a non-infectious cause but when the inflammation is associated with an infection, usually bacterial, it is known as infective endocarditis. It is typically charac ...