Medicine » Cardiology and Cardiovascular Medicine
- Diagnosis and Treatment of Myocarditis
José Milei and Giuseppe Ambrosio
196 pages, May, 2013
- Myocarditis is a clinical syndrome, most frequently of infectious etiology, that occurs with a broad range of relatively non-specific symptoms, and consists of an inflammatory process of the heart with necrosis and degeneration of the myocardium by ...
- Recent Advances in the Field of Ventricular Assist Devices
93 pages, May, 2013
- Recent Advances in the Field of Ventricular Assist Devices covers recent various advances and developments relating to ventricular assist devices and their diverse complications. Firstly, we overview recent technical advances as well as current indic ...
- Aortic Aneurysm - Recent Advances
229 pages, April, 2013
- An increase in aortic aneurysm occurrence is registered, despite considerable advances in surgical interventions. Consequently, numerous researchers have been trying to improve the understanding the aortic aneurysm pathogenesis in order to facilitate ...
- What Should We Know About Prevented, Diagnostic, and Interventional Therapy in Coronary Artery Disease
Branislav G. Baskot
472 pages, March, 2013
- The mortality from ischemic heart disease has decreased in recent years. The better understanding of risk factors associated with development of coronary artery disease has significantly contributed to this decline. Improvements in medical and interv ...
- Artery Bypass
Wilbert S. Aronow
535 pages, March, 2013
- The latest diagnostic and therapeutic modalities in the management of coronary artery disease by coronary artery bypass graft surgery and by percutaneous coronary intervention with stenting and in the interventional management of other atherosclerot ...
- Atrial Fibrillation - Mechanisms and Treatment
238 pages, February, 2013
- Atrial fibrillation is a rapidly evolving epidemic associated with increased cardiovascular morbidity and mortality, and its prevalence has increased over the past few decades. In the past few years, the recent understanding of the diverse mechanisms ...
- Ischemic Heart Disease
David C. Gaze
200 pages, February, 2013
- Cardiovascular disease (CVD) is ranked as the leading cause of death world wide, responsible for 17.1 million deaths globally each year. Such numbers are often difficult to comprehend. A coronary even occurs every 25 seconds and CVD kills one person ...
- Cardiac Defibrillation
Damir Erkapic, Tamas Bauernfeind
178 pages, January, 2013
- Sudden cardiac death and ventricular arrhythmia play a prominent role in mortality in our era. One of the biggest milestones in the therapy of ventricular arrhythmias was the invention of cardiac defibrillation. There were several important developme ...