Engineering » Biomedical Engineering
- Advances in Bioengineering
Pier Andrea Serra
390 pages, July, 2015
All chapters downloaded 647 times.
- The technological approach and the high level of innovation make bioengineering extremely dynamic and this forces researchers to continuous updating. It involves the publication of the results of the latest scientific research. This book covers a wid ...
- State of the Art in Biosensors - General Aspects
360 pages, March, 2013
All chapters downloaded 26809 times.
- A fast paced changing world requires dynamic methods and robust theories to enable designers to deal with the new product development landscape successfully and make a difference in an increasingly interconnected world. Designers continue stretching ...
- State of the Art in Biosensors - Environmental and Medical Applications
322 pages, March, 2013
All chapters downloaded 20829 times.
- The main challenge in biosensor development is their application for various practical tasks to provide a continuous and reliable flow of information about the indicators of natural and industrial processes and the surroundings, so enabling adequate ...
- Optical Coherence Tomography
194 pages, March, 2013
All chapters downloaded 14413 times.
- Optical coherence tomography (OCT) is an imaging technology that provides high resolution cross-sectional images in many fields of medicine and engineering. OCT images are constructed by measuring the intensity of reflected or back scattered light th ...
- Practical Applications in Biomedical Engineering
Adriano O. Andrade, Adriano Alves Pereira, Eduardo L. M. Naves and Alcimar B. Soares
410 pages, January, 2013
All chapters downloaded 26887 times.
- Biomedical Engineering is an exciting and emerging interdisciplinary field that combines engineering with life sciences. The relevance of this area can be perceived in our everyday lives every time we go to hospital, receive medical treatment or even ...
- Biomedical Tissue Culture
Luca Ceccherini-Nelli and Barbara Matteoli
248 pages, October, 2012
All chapters downloaded 39099 times.
- This book describes many aspects of tissue culture models in an extensive manner. The book includes many topics like, the development of cultural methods to produce massive neuronal syncytial connections and induce their fusion with formation of bi- ...
- Independent Component Analysis for Audio and Biosignal Applications
Ganesh R Naik
356 pages, October, 2012
All chapters downloaded 30592 times.
- Independent Component Analysis (ICA) is a signal-processing method to extract independent sources given only observed data that are mixtures of the unknown sources. Recently, Blind Source Separation (BSS) by ICA has received considerable attention be ...
- Biomedical Engineering - Technical Applications in Medicine
Radovan Hudak, Marek Penhaker and Jaroslav Majernik
432 pages, September, 2012
All chapters downloaded 56701 times.
- Biomedical engineering is currently relatively wide scientific area which has been constantly bringing innovations with an objective to support and improve all areas of medicine such as therapy, diagnostics and rehabilitation. It holds a strong posit ...