Computer and Information Science
- Dynamic Programming and Bayesian Inference, Concepts and Applications
Mohammad Saber Fallah Nezhad
164 pages, April, 2014
All chapters downloaded 2109 times.
- Dynamic programming and Bayesian inference have been both intensively and extensively developed during recent years. Because of these developments, interest in dynamic programming and Bayesian inference and their applications has greatly increased at ...
- Multivariate Analysis in Management, Engineering and the Sciences
Leandro Valim de Freitas and Ana Paula Barbosa Rodrigues de Freitas
264 pages, January, 2013
All chapters downloaded 27020 times.
- Recently statistical knowledge has become an important requirement and occupies a prominent position in the exercise of various professions. In the real world, the processes have a large volume of data and are naturally multivariate and as such, requ ...
- Modern Speech Recognition Approaches with Case Studies
338 pages, November, 2012
All chapters downloaded 26559 times.
- This book focuses primarily on speech recognition and the related tasks such as speech enhancement and modeling. This book comprises 3 sections and thirteen chapters written by eminent researchers from USA, Brazil, Australia, Saudi Arabia, Japan, Ire ...
- Applications of Self-Organizing Maps
298 pages, November, 2012
All chapters downloaded 27805 times.
- The self-organizing map, first described by the Finnish scientist Teuvo Kohonen, can by applied to a wide range of fields. This book is about such applications, i.e. how the original self-organizing map as well as variants and extensions of it can be ...
- Advances in Character Recognition
240 pages, November, 2012
All chapters downloaded 22157 times.
- This book presents advances in character recognition, and it consists of 12 chapters that cover wide range of topics on different aspects of character recognition. Hopefully, this book will serve as a reference source for academic research,
for profe ...
- Genetic Programming - New Approaches and Successful Applications
298 pages, October, 2012
All chapters downloaded 35144 times.
- Genetic programming (GP) is a branch of Evolutionary Computing that aims the automatic discovery of programs to solve a given problem. Since its appearance, in the earliest nineties, GP has become one of the most promising paradigms for solving probl ...
- Petri Nets - Manufacturing and Computer Science
502 pages, August, 2012
All chapters downloaded 34644 times.
- Petri Nets were introduced in the doctoral dissertation by K.A. Petri, titled "Kommunikation mit Automaten" and published in 1962 by University of Bonn. Petri Nets are graphical (the intuitive graphical modeling language) and mathematical (advanced f ...
- Human-Centric Machine Vision
Manuela Chessa, Fabio Solari and Silvio P. Sabatini
188 pages, May, 2012
All chapters downloaded 21079 times.
- Recently, the algorithms for the processing of the visual information have greatly evolved, providing efficient and effective solutions to cope with the variability and the complexity of real-world environments. These achievements yield to the devel ...