This policy is effective from 2015-04-17.
If you have an unresolved privacy or data use concern that we have not addressed satisfactorily, please contact TRUSTe here.
1. USAGE OF INFORMATION
Registration on the InTech web page is only for Authors and it is optional and voluntary. We use the information you provide to:
- Allow Authors to access the information they need in order to publish their work
- Allow InTech to send service email notifications or promotional messages about new publications released
- Administer your account and customize the service we provide to you and other users
- Provide your personal details to third parties offering combined services with InTech, enabling you to share your information and communicate with other users
2. WHAT WE COLLECT
For the purposes above we may collect the following information:
- First name, Last name, academic/job title, Organization/Institution and previous publications.
- Contact information in the form of email address, postal address, country of residence.
- Other information regarding your scientific field of interest, education and work experience.
3. ADDITIONAL INFORMATION COLLECTED
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
4. YOUR RIGHTS
- You can choose what information you make available to other registered and unregistered users
- With the exception of your e-mail address (which works as a login), you are free to change your personal information at any time. If your personal information changes, you may correct, update or delete it by making the change on your user panel, or by contacting us by postal mail at the contact information listed below.
- You can submit a request to close your InTech account at any time. If you no longer desire our services, or you can deactivate your account by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by contacting us by postal mail using the contact information listed below.
5. THIRD PARTIES
InTech does not sell, rent, or otherwise provide your personal information to third parties, unless we have your permission or are required by law so as to comply with a subpoena or similar legal process. Please note that in order to deliver certain services (for example, Article/Chapter publication), we may share information with third parties. To process payments made by you, we share some of your information with the payment processing company we use. While you are entitled to decline to provide the information requested, this may prevent us from providing the services requested. In the case of delivery of hard copies of books to authors or other parties ordering such publications, we share with third parties conducting postal delivery services the information required in order to carry out the delivery. These companies are authorized to use your personal information only as necessary to provide these services to us.
If InTech is involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, you will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on our Web site of any change in ownership or uses of your personal information, as well as any choices you may have regarding your personal information.
6. E-MAIL POLICY
InTech may send you service communications by email. If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for email/newsletter services, InTech may send information which you might find of interest. You may change your mind and unsubscribe at any time by emailing us at email@example.com.
7. CUSTOMER TESTIMONIALS / COMMENTS / REVIEWS
In the "Authors' Acknowledgments" section of our website we post customer testimonials/comments/reviews which may contain personal information. These testimonials are stored on a database held within InTech. Prior to posting a testimonial, we obtain the customer's consent to posting his or her name along with the testimonial. If you wish to update or delete your testimonial, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
8. COOKIES & OTHER TRACKING TECHNOLOGIES
Technologies such as: cookies, beacons, tags and scripts are used by InTech and our business partners, affiliates, or analytics or service providers. These technologies are used in analyzing trends, administering the site, tracking users’ movements around the site and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole. We may receive reports based on the use of these technologies by these companies on an individual as well as aggregated basis.
9. LOCAL STORAGE OBJECTS (FLASH & HTML5)
Third parties with whom we partner to provide certain features on our site or to display advertising based upon your Web browsing activity use LSOs such as HTML 5 and Flash to collect and store information. Various browsers may offer their own management tools for removing HTML5 LSOs. To manage Flash LSOs please click here.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. However, given that the Internet is not a secure medium, there is no guarantee that information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical, or managerial safeguards. You are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your unique password and account information and for controlling access to your email communications at all times.
11. LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
12. SOCIAL MEDIA WIDGETS
If you use our blog on this web site, you should be aware that any personal information you submit there can be read, collected, or used by other users of these forums, and could be used to send you unsolicited messages. We are not responsible for the personal information you choose to submit in these blogs. To request removal of your personal information from our blog or community forum, contact us at email@example.com. In some cases, we may not be able to remove your personal information, in which case we will let you know if we are unable to do so and why.
14. PERSONAL INFORMATION AND AUTHORS
The summary of Authors' personal information (First name, Last name, academic/job title, Organization/Institution and previous publications) are made publicly accessible on InTech's web site. Other personal and contact information will be publicly available to registered users only with prior authorization. InTech will not send authors unsolicited e-mail messages unless it directly concerns the publishing process, their published work, and other publishing options.
15. DATA RETENTION
We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services. If you wish to cancel your account or request that we no longer use your information to provide you services contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
17. CONTACT US