- Portal Hypertension - Causes and Complications
Dmitry V. Garbuzenko
156 pages, March, 2012
All chapters downloaded 27703 times.
- Portal hypertension is a clinical syndrome defined by a portal venous pressure gradient, exceeding 5 mm Hg. In this book the causes of its development and complications are described. Authors have presented personal experiences on conducting patients ...
Valeria Tripodi and Silvia Lucagioli
106 pages, February, 2012
All chapters downloaded 8740 times.
- This book covers different aspects on the understanding of mechanisms, effects, and management of cholestasis. This unique compendium contains important citations, an invaluable amount of research work, and many applications, which are outstanding re ...
- Acute Pancreatitis
300 pages, January, 2012
All chapters downloaded 50880 times.
- Acute Pancreatitis (AP) in approximately 80% of cases, occurs as a secondary complication related to gallstone disease and alcohol misuse. However there are several other different causes that produce it such as metabolism, genetics, autoimmunity, p ...
- Trends in Alcoholic Liver Disease Research - Clinical and Scientific Aspects
232 pages, January, 2012
All chapters downloaded 18799 times.
- Alcoholic liver disease occurs after prolonged heavy drinking. Not everyone who drinks alcohol in excess develops serious forms of alcoholic liver disease. It is likely that genetic factors determine this individual susceptibility, and a family histo ...