- Liver Regeneration
Pedro M. Baptista
252 pages, May, 2012
- Doctors and scientists have been aware of the "phenomenom" of liver regeneration since the time of the ancient Greeks, illustrated by the mythic tale of Prometheus' punishment. Nevertheless, true insight into its intricate mechanisms have only become ...
- Portal Hypertension - Causes and Complications
Dmitry V. Garbuzenko
156 pages, March, 2012
- Portal hypertension is a clinical syndrome defined by a portal venous pressure gradient, exceeding 5 mm Hg. In this book the causes of its development and complications are described. Authors have presented personal experiences on conducting patients ...
Valeria Tripodi and Silvia Lucagioli
98 pages, February, 2012
- This book covers different aspects on the understanding of mechanisms, effects, and management of cholestasis. This unique compendium contains important citations, an invaluable amount of research work, and many applications, which are outstanding re ...
- Acute Pancreatitis
300 pages, January, 2012
- Acute Pancreatitis (AP) in approximately 80% of cases, occurs as a secondary complication related to gallstone disease and alcohol misuse. However there are several other different causes that produce it such as metabolism, genetics, autoimmunity, p ...
- Trends in Alcoholic Liver Disease Research - Clinical and Scientific Aspects
220 pages, January, 2012
- Alcoholic liver disease occurs after prolonged heavy drinking. Not everyone who drinks alcohol in excess develops serious forms of alcoholic liver disease. It is likely that genetic factors determine this individual susceptibility, and a family histo ...