- Human Computer Interaction: New Developments
382 pages, October, 2008
All chapters downloaded 138324 times.
- The book consists of 20 chapters, each addressing a certain aspect of human-computer interaction. Each chapter gives the reader background information on a subject and proposes an original solution. This should serve as a valuable tool for profession ...
- Robotics and Automation in Construction
Carlos Balaguer and Mohamed Abderrahim
404 pages, October, 2008
All chapters downloaded 286423 times.
- This book addresses several issues related to the introduction of automaton and robotics in the construction industry in a collection of 23 chapters. The chapters are grouped in 3 main sections according to the theme or the type of technology they tr ...
- Vehicle Routing Problem
Tonci Caric and Hrvoje Gold
142 pages, September, 2008
All chapters downloaded 51728 times.
- The Vehicle Routing Problem (VRP) dates back to the end of the fifties of the last century when Dantzig and Ramser set the mathematical programming formulation and algorithmic approach to solve the problem of delivering gasoline to service stations. ...
- Tabu Search
278 pages, September, 2008
All chapters downloaded 69587 times.
- The goal of this book is to report original researches on algorithms and applications of Tabu Search to real-world problems as well as recent improvements and extensions on its concepts and algorithms. The book’ Chapters identify useful new impleme ...
- Traveling Salesman Problem
212 pages, September, 2008
All chapters downloaded 58847 times.
- The idea behind TSP was conceived by Austrian mathematician Karl Menger in mid 1930s who invited the research community to consider a problem from the everyday life from a mathematical point of view. A traveling salesman has to visit exactly once eac ...
- Simulated Annealing
Cher Ming Tan
428 pages, September, 2008
All chapters downloaded 127579 times.
- This book provides the readers with the knowledge of Simulated Annealing and its vast applications in the various branches of engineering. We encourage readers to explore the application of Simulated Annealing in their work for the task of optimizati ...
- Recurrent Neural Networks
Xiaolin Hu and P. Balasubramaniam
400 pages, September, 2008
All chapters downloaded 142597 times.
- The concept of neural network originated from neuroscience, and one of its primitive
aims is to help us understand the principle of the central nerve system and related behaviors
through mathematical modeling. The first part of the book is a coll ...
- Robot Manipulators
546 pages, September, 2008
All chapters downloaded 201868 times.
- In this book we have grouped contributions in 28 chapters from several authors all around the world on the several aspects and challenges of research and applications of robots with the aim to show the recent advances and problems that still need to ...