- Particle Swarm Optimization
486 pages, January, 2009
All chapters downloaded 264338 times.
- Particle swarm optimization (PSO) is a population based stochastic optimization technique influenced by the social behavior of bird flocking or fish schooling.PSO shares many similarities with evolutionary computation techniques such as Genetic Algor ...
- Recent Advances in Face Recognition
Kresimir Delac, Mislav Grgic and Marian Stewart Bartlett
236 pages, December, 2008
All chapters downloaded 288664 times.
- The main idea and the driver of further research in the area of face recognition are security applications and human-computer interaction. Face recognition represents an intuitive and non-intrusive method of recognizing people and this is why it beca ...
- Sensors: Focus on Tactile Force and Stress Sensors
Jose Gerardo Rocha and Senentxu Lanceros-Mendez
444 pages, December, 2008
All chapters downloaded 138227 times.
- This book describes some devices that are commonly identified as tactile or force sensors. This is achieved with different degrees of detail, in a unique and actual resource, through the description of different approaches to this type of sensors. Un ...
- Computer Vision
548 pages, November, 2008
All chapters downloaded 400549 times.
- This book presents research trends on computer vision, especially on application of robotics, and on advanced approachs for computer vision (such as omnidirectional vision). Among them, research on RFID technology integrating stereo vision to localiz ...
- Advances in Evolutionary Algorithms
284 pages, November, 2008
All chapters downloaded 290267 times.
- With the recent trends towards massive data sets and significant computational power, combined with evolutionary algorithmic advances evolutionary computation is becoming much more relevant to practice. Aim of the book is to present recent improvemen ...
- Stereo Vision
372 pages, November, 2008
All chapters downloaded 216928 times.
- The book comprehensively covers almost all aspects of stereo vision. In addition reader can find topics from defining knowledge gaps to the state of the art algorithms as well as current application trends of stereo vision to the development of intel ...
- Pattern Recognition Techniques, Technology and Applications
626 pages, November, 2008
All chapters downloaded 307301 times.
- A wealth of advanced pattern recognition algorithms are emerging from the interdiscipline between technologies of effective visual features and the human-brain cognition
process. Effective visual features are made possible through the rapid develop ...
- Greedy Algorithms
586 pages, November, 2008
All chapters downloaded 290641 times.
- Each chapter comprises a separate study on some optimization problem giving both an introductory look into the theory the problem comes from and some new developments invented by author(s). Usually some elementary knowledge is assumed, yet all the re ...