- Biomimetics Learning from Nature
Editor Amitava Mukherjee
542 pages, March, 2010
All chapters downloaded 199441 times.
- Nature’s evolution has led to the introduction of highly efficient biological mechanisms. Imitating these mechanisms offers an enormous potential for the improvement of our day to day life. Ideally, by
bio-inspiration we can get a better view of ...
- Climbing and Walking Robots
Editor Behnam Miripour
516 pages, March, 2010
All chapters downloaded 150856 times.
- Nowadays robotics is one of the most dynamic fields of scientific researches. The shift
of robotics researches from manufacturing to services applications is clear. During the
last decades interest in studying climbing and walking robots has been ...
- Cutting Edge Nanotechnology
Editor Dragica Vasileska
444 pages, March, 2010
All chapters downloaded 156648 times.
- The main purpose of this book is to describe important issues in various types of devices ranging from conventional transistors (opening chapters of the book) to molecular electronic devices whose fabrication and operation is discussed in the last f ...
- Energy Management
Editor Francisco Macia Perez
254 pages, March, 2010
All chapters downloaded 84495 times.
- Forecasts point to a huge increase in energy demand over the next 25 years, with a direct and immediate impact on the exhaustion of fossil fuels, the increase in pollution levels and the global warming that will have significant consequences for all ...
- Biomedical Imaging
Editor Youxin Mao
108 pages, March, 2010
All chapters downloaded 38484 times.
- Biomedical imaging is becoming an indispensable branch within bioengineering. This research
field has recently expanded due to the requirement of high-level medical diagnostics and rapid
development of interdisciplinary modern technologies. This b ...
- Mechatronic Systems Applications
Editor Annalisa Milella Donato Di Paola and Grazia Cicirelli
362 pages, March, 2010
All chapters downloaded 167699 times.
- Mechatronics, the synergistic blend of mechanics, electronics, and computer science, has evolved over the past twenty five years, leading to a novel stage of engineering design. By integrating the best design practices with the most advanced technol ...
- Modeling Simulation and Optimization - Focus on Applications
Editor Shkelzen Cakaj
320 pages, March, 2010
All chapters downloaded 93637 times.
- The book presents a collection of chapters dealing with a wide selection of topics concerning different applications of modeling. It includes modeling, simulation and optimization applications in the areas
of medical care systems, genetics, busines ...
- Mobile Robots Navigation
Editor Alejandra Barrera
680 pages, March, 2010
All chapters downloaded 205011 times.
- Mobile robots navigation includes different interrelated activities: (i) perception, as obtaining and
interpreting sensory information; (ii) exploration, as the strategy that guides the robot to select the
next direction to go; (iii) mapping, in ...