- Geodetic Sciences - Observations, Modeling and Applications
344 pages, May, 2013
All chapters downloaded 10195 times.
- Space geodetic techniques, e.g., global navigation satellite systems (GNSS), Very Long Baseline Interferometry (VLBI), satellite gravimetry and altimetry, and GNSS Reflectometry & Radio Occultation, are capable of measuring small changes of the Earth ...
- Infection Control
92 pages, May, 2013
All chapters downloaded 4880 times.
- Health Care associated infection (HAI) is an emerging problem worldwide. HAI causes increased morbidity, mortality and average length of stay of the patient in the hospital. HAI also imposes economic burden on the patient, health care set up and als ...
- Holography - Basic Principles and Contemporary Applications
377 pages, May, 2013
All chapters downloaded 15733 times.
- Holography - Basic Principles and Contemporary Applications is a collection of fifteen chapters, describing the basic principles of holography and some recent innovative developments in the field. The book is divided into three sections. The first, U ...
- Tandem Mass Spectrometry - Molecular Characterization
Ana Varela Coelho and Catarina de Matos Ferraz Franco
195 pages, May, 2013
All chapters downloaded 3613 times.
- Tandem Mass Spectrometry - Molecular Characterization presents a comprehensive coverage of theory, instrumentation and description of experimental strategies and MS/MS data interpretation for the structural characterization of relevant molecular comp ...
- Herbicides - Advances in Research
Andrew J. Price and Jessica A. Kelton
312 pages, May, 2013
All chapters downloaded 9274 times.
- Herbicides represent one of the most widely used groups of pesticides worldwide for control of weed species in agricultural and non-crop settings. Due to the extensive use of herbicides and their value in weed management, herbicide research remains ...
- Psychiatric Disorders - New Frontiers in Affective Disorders
304 pages, May, 2013
All chapters downloaded 11995 times.
- Affective disorders are a subject of interest to clinicians for more than a century. The awareness of an urgent need for an evidence-based “personalized” approach of treatment is growing in the field of psychiatry. This book brings together leadi ...
- Plant Breeding from Laboratories to Fields
Sven Bode Andersen
288 pages, May, 2013
All chapters downloaded 20028 times.
- Breeding of crop plants to make them more adapted to human agricultural systems has been on-going during domestication the last 10 000 years.
However, only recently with the invention of the Mendelian principles of genetics and the subsequent develo ...
- Regenerative Medicine and Tissue Engineering
Jose A. Andrades
853 pages, May, 2013
All chapters downloaded 38568 times.
- Few events in science have captured the same level of sustained interest and imagination of the nonscientific community as Stem Cells, Tissue Engineering, and Regenerative Medicine. The fundamental concept of Tissue Engineering and Regenerative Medic ...