Article Processing Charge
The Open Access model, which we apply to all of our publications, eliminates subscriptions and pay-per-view fees, hence enabling readers to access research at no cost.
To allow permanently unrestricted online access to the published works and keep the business sustainable, the publisher applies an Article Processing Charge that covers the costs associated with the editorial workflow, production and long-term hosting. These include:
- Personal contact and support during the publishing process
- Online manuscript tracking system to facilitate your work
- English language copyediting - correction of grammatical, spelling, and other common errors
- Indexing and listing across all major repositories
- Discoverability - electronic citation and linking via DOI
- Long-term archiving
- XML Typesetting and pagination - web (PDF, HTML) and print files preparation
- Permanent and unrestricted online access to your work
- Dissemination and Promotion
- Author in the Center - signature personal approach
InTechOpen publishing fees:
|690 - 890 EUR||Chapter - Edited Volume (Physical Sciences, Engineering & Technology)|
|690 - 1,200 EUR||Chapter - Edited Volume (Medical & Life Sciences)|
|350 - 690 EUR||Chapter - Edited Volume (Social Sciences & Humanities)|
|4,550 EUR||Monograph - Long Form (Starting From)|
The price does not include Value-Added Tax (VAT). Residents of European Union countries need to add VAT based on their specific country rate. Institutions and companies, outside of Croatia, registered as VAT taxable entities in their own EU member state, will not pay VAT by providing IN TECH with their VAT registration number. This is made possible by the EU reverse charge method.
If authors want to publish a manuscript in one of InTechOpen's publications which include our edited books but cannot afford the publication fees, InTechOpen offers the possibility to apply for a waiver. Only after a manuscript has been accepted for publication the corresponding author should submit the waiver request form by contacting the assigned Publishing Process Manager. Please note that partial or full waiver priority will be given to authors with proof of residence in the countries that are classified by the World Bank as low-income economies. The waiver request will normally be addressed within one week from the application date.
Policy last updated: 2017-02-20