Publish With InTech
Freely Accessible Scientific Literature. Higher Impact. Global Reach.
Article Processing Charge
In the traditional publishing model, the university or library pays a subscription and/or pay-per-view systems to gain access to published material. According to ARL, the cost of academic material has been rising significantly, with an increase of 315% between 1989 and 2003. By contrast, the world production of scholarly outputs has more than doubled which means that no library can afford to buy all needed scholarly content. As a result many associations, libraries, universities, foundations and individuals are now strong advocates of Open Access to scholarly content.
By eliminating subscription and pay-per-view fees, the Open Access model is making it possible to connect readers to high quality content at no additional cost.
Under open access, the money that keeps the publisher in business comes in the form of an article processing charge or from sponsorships.
At InTech we value our independence and operate as a sustainable commercial enterprise. As such, and in common with many other Open Access publishers, we require payment of an Article Processing Charge.
Article Processing Charge covers complete editorial workflow and production of publication such as:
- proof reading, copyediting
- promotion and dissemination of your work
- indexing and listing across all major repositories
- printing and express delivery of one hard copy of the publication sent directly to you
|APC for InTech's book chapter||640 EUR|
|APC for InTech's journals||see specific journal|
InTech's Article Processing Charge is one of the lowest in the industry. This is possible because
- our editors and reviewers are working without financial compensation
- through continued reinvestment, we create an economy of scale which enables us to reduce costs to individual authors